April 25, 2024, 01:52:14 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS help with saving runs and merging files

Started by anthonyflhx, May 20, 2020, 02:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyflhx

I have installed tts software and gone through the Tuner Directions without a Dyno Version 2.

Had problems with first two test runs as data window disappeared and didnt see any save as function.
So I tried again making 2 more runs to record vtune data. Get to the end of each run, hit the stop recording button, and can't find a "save the data" in any of the 3 data master windows. Can anyone help with this? Ive done 4 runs and have had glitch after glitch and now cant even save a data run. Probably owner error but where is the save data button at?
Ive attached a screen shot of the 3 data master windows and clearly theres no save data anywhere. What am I missing here?
Thank you kindly for helping out.

rigidthumper

Typically, you named the file before starting a recording. Open Data Master2, click on "file", then "record data", then it looks for the interface,  then it asks for a name. Usually stored in hd/data files/vtune data or hd/data files/scan data. If you search your system for '*.DM3', the files should show up. Prolly "vtunedata-001.dm3", or something like that.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

lonewolf

May 20, 2020, 03:44:21 PM #2 Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 03:51:26 PM by lonewolf
Are you setting it up thru "flight recorder"? Then you have to download it with Datamaster. It will ask you where to save the file before it downloads. You can also download right from the interface into Vtune

anthonyflhx

Recording through datamaster. I can pull up the 2 last runs I made so I guess it saves automatically when you press the stop button in datamaster histogram. My instructions must be for an older version because there seems to be differences between the step by step and what Im actually seeing from the program.

Hilly13

Do the search Robin advised, your runs will be there somewhere, just started using TTS again myself after a few years of Super Tuner, there are a few changes, all for the better as far as I can tell.
Just because its said don't make it so

anthonyflhx

Got it figured out. It saves automatically when you stop recording.
I did 3 runs and merges so far. Aren't the cells supposed to be appearing white as more data is gathered? Attached is last merged file. Any thoughts on good bad or need more work?

lonewolf

They will show up when you use vtune3.  [attach=0]

anthonyflhx

I use vtune to merge my mastertune file and my datamaster file. How do you view the tables in vtune3? Mine closes after saving merged file..?

lonewolf

anthonyflhx

Aahhh thank you very much. Does this look any better? Another data run or two?

lonewolf

Yes, where you have data. Pretty hard to hit the higher tp (kpa) on the street.