Any one have any problems with oil not draining out of knuckle rocker cups ?

Started by iiggii, May 23, 2020, 11:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iiggii

Any one have any problems with oil not draining out of knuckle rocker cups .oil is not draining out and belive it is getting between valve stem an guide ?

ncmc47

Any vacuum leakage in the tins or pushrod covers will cause this.  Also check and make sure you don't have Eastern brand tappet lifters.  They are easily identifiable by holes in the top of the lifter body, once you have pulled pushrod covers.  For some reason they decided to put holes in the top and bottom of the lifter body, but plugging the top ones is all you need to worry about, or buy a set of VTwin lifters.  Make sure to mic the body and bore of the tappet holders, since extra clearance there will cause drain down problems.  Also check breather timing to make sure it's correct.  Hope that helps.

iiggii

ncmc47

My problem was the lifters, but only leaked from front exhaust. since it's the lowest tin.  If you haven't checked your lifters, I urge you to do so.  Another thing to check after all else has failed is rocker to shaft clearance.  If you wiggle the rocker on the shaft, any wiggle is too much.  Hope this helps, I've been through all this myself.

iiggii