March 28, 2024, 05:19:03 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Been a while

Started by 76shuvlinoff, May 23, 2020, 07:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76shuvlinoff

I  will shamefully admit I have probably only burned 3 tanks of gas in the last 2 years in the 76. I never even put insurance on it last year. I called last week and made her legal. Today I pulled the cover off and after 2 hours getting the carb to quit overflowing I listened to that Thunderheader for 77 miles. I forgot how raw my Frankenstein is. I was considering letting her go until today. Maybe next year :wink:
[attach=0]
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

fbn ent

'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

Hossamania

Yeah, I'm with fbn, big thumbs up. Glad to see it back up and running. Feels like a mini bike after the Ultra, doesn't it? It needs miles!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

FSG

QuoteMaybe next year :wink:

sacrilege written or spoken , now go wash your mouth out with Makers   :SM:

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: Hossamania on May 23, 2020, 08:04:40 PM
Yeah, I'm with fbn, big thumbs up. Glad to see it back up and running. Feels like a mini bike after the Ultra, doesn't it? It needs miles!

For what it is with parts ranging from a 2007 front end to a 76 frame and everything in in between. I was thinking this thing handles like a go cart compared to the Ultra. With the wind in my face I was quickly reminded why I usually wore earplugs and no helmet.  When the first large bug caught me in the face I thought  :wtf:.   Later in the day the wife and I saddled up on the Ultra to go with friends to dinner, we covered over 100 miles for Mexican.  Each bike makes me appreciate the other.  :wink:

Quote from: FSG on May 23, 2020, 08:29:59 PM
QuoteMaybe next year :wink:

sacrilege written or spoken , now go wash your mouth out with Makers   :SM:

This was my first HD. I will never get 1/5 of the money I've dumped into it but in 26 years we have been down some roads.  In Frankenbike mode she runs hard, shifts and stops great but for some reason I feel I would restore it before I ever let it go.   
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

72fl

I'd sell it,just because you'd NEVER Have nothing like it again :SM: And I could be talked into an Old Crusty Bucket of Bolts :fish: :fish:  :slap:

76shuvlinoff

- Ernest Hemingway

72fl

hahaha, I thought you'd get a kick out of it.

FSG

Quotefor some reason I feel I would restore it before I ever let it go

hold that thought  :SM: