April 19, 2024, 01:50:24 PM

News:

08 flhtcu exhaust head pipe recommendation

Started by rittchie66, May 25, 2020, 06:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rittchie66

right now i have stock head pipes in my (stock) electra glide ultra classic.. it has v&h slip ons ... I'm thinking a aftermarket head pipe isn't so great so i think ill replace it.. v&h has the dresser duals but the rear cyl has that massive bend but appear to be a easy bolt on. s&s have  the power tune dual headers with a crossover built in.. are either of these better than the other power wise or is there another that will preform well and i can use my existing mufflers? thanks in advance
rich

scootertrash1

I run the S&S Power Tune on my 2010 Ultra. I put it on the bike when I bought it new. Still looks good after 10 years! Only complaint is that there is a clamp for the heat shield that lives in the area of the rear brake master cylinder. You have to make sure to pull out on the pipe while tightening bolts during install to give it clearance, or it will eat up the runner boot on the master.

Hossamania

You can use your slip on mufflers on just about any head pipe. FuelMoto has a few pipes that won't break the bank. Good friendly tech help from them as well.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

SB107

I second Fuel Moto. They make good stuff, customer service and tech support are excellent as well.
Mutant Motors 124"
161/148 STD, 158/145 SAE

aharp

The Fuel Moto or S&S Power Tune duals definitely.
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to spend?

Decatted stocker works nice too.

Edit: 09 and up stock head pipe works nice. Don't know if it fits the 08 directly though. I used s&s power tune duals on my 05 ultra. It's a good pipe. Used the fuel Moto pipe also and it is also good, though I do like the looks of the s&s heat shields over the fuel Moto which uses the stock shields.