April 19, 2024, 06:03:39 PM

News:

Pipe delema w/kick start

Started by Prostock, May 27, 2020, 02:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prostock

94 dyna custom build, having a tough time finding a pipe that will work.  Any idea's or recommendations.  thx

Scot

misfitJason

Good luck. Only thing I ever found for my evo rigid with five speed kickstart were drag pipes
2006 Dyna, Kraftech Evo Softail

kd

I have used drag pipes and added a collector.  The front pipe has to be long enough to get the muffler back far enough to clear the lever.  This option means doing some fab work on the pipe and the mount. 
KD

Mark222

I have tried many on this old FXEF 4 speed kicker.  As stated, drags always work.... however these are Pythons, not even sure they are still made???  And the Cycle Shack staggered dual fit too, again, not easy to find.  I ave a spare set of the CC M turnouts for if / when I ever change.  So there are limited options, and finding mounting bracket combinations is part of the fun.

Mark

[attach=1]

Burnout

They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

Julio

I have a set of these Cycleshack copies on my '85 FXEF. The chrome sucks, but the pipes are well made and sound good. Not only that
but the price is right.
I've put a kicker on since this pic and it clears the pipe fine.

https://www.smccycles.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_1665_1684_1685&products_id=14338&zenid=n2bieadjj26hjecocnrivt8uk0

Rockout Rocker Products

I put an aftermarket kicker kit on my '91 Softail, had to use an extended offset kick arm...

[attach=0]

It did hit my leg a bit.
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Prostock

Update,  well after raiding our buddies garage's, this is what we came up with.  Thx for the advice.

Scot