April 16, 2024, 01:17:35 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Aquatics AQ-MP-5UBT-HS in a Rushmore bike

Started by stogieluvr60, May 31, 2020, 08:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stogieluvr60

I have a 2014 Ultra that I bought a stereo replacement system that consisted of a Sony single DIN head unit, a Metra 99-9700 and a Axxess ASWC-1. I had it all installed professionally last year and everything worked well except I came to not like the Sony head unit over time. It isn't a marine grade unit so the display is very hard to see in bright sunlight...and the unit is just plain cumbersome to use. So i picked up an Aquatics AQ-MP-5UBT-HS which is designed for 1998-2013 Harleys. Is there any way to adapt this radio with the 23 pin plug to the Rushmore harness? I see Metra offers a 23 pin male plug with color coded wires...can the two be spliced together somehow? I figured I'd ask you all here before I head any further down this rabbit hole. I figured swapping out 1 single DIN radio for another would be no problem...until I unboxed the Aquatics and saw that big female plug on the back and no male plug in the box. I plan on adding an Soundstream Picasso Nano PN4.520D amp to the mix so speaker connections aren't an issue as far as the harness goes...those will all be done with new, heavier gauge wire. I'm mainly concerned with not losing my handlebar controls and info to the Axxess unit so I can keep oil pressure and other info displayed there. Thx in advance for your replies.