April 19, 2024, 02:30:23 PM

News:

Removing seat on 1991 Electra Glide Classic

Started by les, June 05, 2020, 06:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

les

First time for this old of a bike.  How do I remove the seat?

remington007

Seems to me there is a bolt on each side mid way on the seat

les

I don't see it.  It appears to be attached somehow at the very rear of the seat, but there is no flange sticking out with a single screw like later touring models.

Ohio HD

Quote from: remington007 on June 05, 2020, 06:24:50 PM

Yeah, I think two fasteners, one each side, just under the backrest if I remember correctly.

les

Quote from: Ohio HD on June 05, 2020, 06:32:19 PM
Quote from: remington007 on June 05, 2020, 06:24:50 PM

Yeah, I think two fasteners, one each side, just under the backrest if I remember correctly.

That feels about right when I pull up on the rear of the seat.  Any idea how to get to those fasteners?

les

Ohio HD

les

Yes, I just came in from the garage.  I had to remove the tour pak, then I was able to see the bolt.  Thanks for looking that up, Ohio.  Those instructions are bogus because there is no such thing as sliding the tour pak back.  You just have to take it off.

les

Now I can get on to why the brake light is not working.  I found that the rear brake pressure sensor still has infinite resistance when I apply the rear brake peddle.  I took two jumpers and connected them to the two blade connectors that connect to the sensor, turned the ignition switch to on, and touched the jumpers together.  I hear a relay under the seat clicking and what sounds like a relay under the front fairing clicking but the brake light does not come on.  So, the search continues.

TexNorth

I can tell you the relay in the fairing is the air valve for the anti-dive forks.   You can check by pressing on the front brakes, you should hear the same thing.

les

Quote from: TexNorth on June 06, 2020, 05:37:41 AM
I can tell you the relay in the fairing is the air valve for the anti-dive forks.   You can check by pressing on the front brakes, you should hear the same thing.

Thank you.