April 19, 2024, 05:22:11 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Tuning carbs without dynoware AFR module

Started by aharp, June 07, 2020, 10:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aharp

Anyone doing this? I am being cheap and trying to avoid buying the module to do carb bikes as I don't tune that many. But seem to have ended up with a half dozen or so lately. Anyone have a setup that works as good but cheaper?
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to spend?

turboprop

I use a WEGO from DTT. It has dual sensors and a 5v output.  I also have a WEGO III with live display and log installed on two of my bikes.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

aharp

Quote from: turboprop on June 07, 2020, 11:15:41 AM
I use a WEGO from DTT. It has dual sensors and a 5v output.  I also have a WEGO III with live display and log installed on two of my bikes.
Thanks!

Jamie Long

Quote from: aharp on June 07, 2020, 10:04:13 AM
Anyone doing this? I am being cheap and trying to avoid buying the module to do carb bikes as I don't tune that many. But seem to have ended up with a half dozen or so lately. Anyone have a setup that works as good but cheaper?

What are you currently using for dyno hardware/software? 

aharp

Quote from: Jamie Long on June 08, 2020, 02:37:17 PM

Dynoware RT winpep 8

Jamie Long

Quote from: aharp on June 08, 2020, 03:16:19 PM
Quote from: Jamie Long on June 08, 2020, 02:37:17 PM

Dynoware RT winpep 8

What do you need to tune carbs that you don't already have?

aharp

Quote from: Jamie Long on June 08, 2020, 03:32:43 PM
I was under the impression that the AFR module from Dynojet was required in addition to the Dynoware RT module?

Jamie Long

Quote from: aharp on June 08, 2020, 03:43:37 PM
Quote from: Jamie Long on June 08, 2020, 03:32:43 PM
I was under the impression that the AFR module from Dynojet was required in addition to the Dynoware RT module?

What do you use for AF data on your dyno?

aharp

Quote from: Jamie Long on June 08, 2020, 06:30:55 PM
I usually have the Dynoware module plugged into the autotune module and i get the live AF data on the screen so i can keep track of where it's at when collecting data in autotune

Jamie Long

Quote from: aharp on June 08, 2020, 07:13:50 PM
Quote from: Jamie Long on June 08, 2020, 06:30:55 PM
I usually have the Dynoware module plugged into the autotune module and i get the live AF data on the screen so i can keep track of where it's at when collecting data in autotune

You can plug any Dynojet single or dual channel wideband Auto Tune device straight into the Dynoware RT stack via CAN, you will mount the O2 sensors in the pipes or use O2 blocks same as you would for an EFI bike

aharp

Quote from: Jamie Long on June 08, 2020, 07:33:49 PM
You can plug any Dynojet single or dual channel wideband Auto Tune device straight into the Dynoware RT stack via CAN, you will mount the O2 sensors in the pipes or use O2 blocks same as you would for an EFI bike

I didn't consider trying that, thanks Jamie. I guess I thought the autotune module would only be cable of, well, autotuning  :sheep: :doh:

Pirsch Fire Wagon

I prefer WB o2 Sensors 1/4"x#20 Adapter in an installed brass thread and closing it with a 1/4"x#20x1/2" Screw and a Copper Crush Washer. The 02 will provide data viewing in real-time for your adjustments in Graph or Cell. Most softwares will record for play back on a time use basis.

Way more inexpensive that most setups and only calibration about every 50 uses.
Tom