March 28, 2024, 07:31:55 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

AHDRA in cordova ill

Started by prodrag1320, July 02, 2020, 03:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prodrag1320

the new AHDRA will be in cordova illinios this weekend,VEE TWIN RACING will not be making this race but it would be good to have a big showing out there,SUPPORT THE SPORT!!!

Racepres

July 02, 2020, 05:50:08 AM #1 Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 07:51:19 AM by Racepres
I was Bustin my Balls to get to the Nostalgia Drag Reunion at Humbolt... shame they had to be same Weekend...
But, I'm with ya Kirby... Support the Sport ... or quit Spoutin Crap about "Performance"

prodrag1320

it is funny how everyone seems into performance builds and they never seem to go to all harley races,times & riders have changed a lot since our early days marty!

Racepres

Quote from: prodrag1320 on July 03, 2020, 04:36:50 AM
it is funny how everyone seems into performance builds and they never seem to go to all harley races,times & riders have changed a lot since our early days marty!
Yea... Times certainly have changed.. appears Cordova had like Zero Support... Damn Shame.

kd

Quote from: Racepres on July 07, 2020, 06:16:43 AM
Yea... Times certainly have changed.. appears Cordova had like Zero Support... Damn Shame.

I would expect the COVID distancing etc. played a large part in low attendance.
KD

Racepres

Quote from: kd on July 07, 2020, 06:24:46 AM
Quote from: Racepres on July 07, 2020, 06:16:43 AM

I would expect the COVID distancing etc. played a large part in low attendance.
Probably true of Spectators... Participants??? Nah
Larger and larger majority want to sit on the Internet and compare Dyno Runs, and Receipts... No One has the desire to actually Compete...one on one... Afraid of Loosing... part of the "participation" trophy mentality Me Thinks...
I know Damn Well I'm gonna loose at Michigan Event... but I hope to get a Couple Rounds In!!!!!

prodrag1320

yea,it was pretty bad,in close to 40 years of racing i cant remember a race with lower fan/racer turnout,wish we could have gone to show support,but my dad was having surgery

Racepres

Quote from: prodrag1320 on July 08, 2020, 04:29:35 AM
yea,it was pretty bad,in close to 40 years of racing i cant remember a race with lower fan/racer turnout,wish we could have gone to show support,but my dad was having surgery
I wasn't officially Invited... and, Not trying to be "Mr Know it All"...
But the outcome was predicted.. We could never put an Event on a Family Holiday, except Fathers day, and.... the 4th of July, Humbolt, IA. The Birthplace of All Harley Drags..
And it was Not wise to put anything on top of that Event..IMO
Wondering if that Attitude is simply an AHDRA Thing??  At Least Billy Don't lie.. I think he will be OK

jam65

Cordova is right up the road from me about 45 minutes. A lot of local Facebook talk about it being hot as hell, which it was and in the 90's as far as temps. No shade at that track either. Some blame for low turnout should be blamed on the weather.

Racepres

Quote from: jam65 on July 08, 2020, 06:20:25 PM
Cordova is right up the road from me about 45 minutes. A lot of local Facebook talk about it being hot as hell, which it was and in the 90's as far as temps. No shade at that track either. Some blame for low turnout should be blamed on the weather.
And.... You was there????
Ya see.... no one really gives a "Potty mouth"