April 25, 2024, 02:39:36 AM

News:

V&H propipe

Started by Sunny Jim, June 11, 2020, 04:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunny Jim

The M8 Vance and Hines Propipe for
Tourers!
1. Do they have 18mm ports for wide bands?
2. Has anyone used these pipes ?
I would keen to know your thoughts!

Wookie3011

They have 2 different versions I believe. I have a older version thoughi bought it less then a year ago. Mine has standard 12MM bungs. The new ones have inserts that you can do both.i would look at the PN# and give V&H a call to make sure you get what you are looking for. They sound great and put the torque down low. The black ceramic coating if you go black is very thin and mine already has scratches. If I hadto do it over again I would have gone D&D. Probably still will.

92flhtcu

We've done several at the shop, like 6 in the last year, they tune well, sound good, on the louder side, but still decent.We don't  use it on any of our 140+ builds, and my opinion on black, is no one has a long lasting black exhaust out there
Need a bigger garage

RTMike

Has anyone tried Cerakoted pipes yet,I think Fuel Moto was using it on bagger header pipes don't know how it lasts.Im looking for options also.

lucasg

Daren also known here as " Durwood " has a very nice sound clip posted on his Facebook page for Sheffer Performance of his M8 Road Glide with the V&H ProPipe on it and it sounds very nasty.  I believe it's a 124" build, can't quite remember.

flh canuck

I have had the Vance & Hines Pro-Pipe on my 2018 Ultra for about a year and a half.  Love it!

Only other mods are S&S teardrop air cleaner and Powervision Tuner.  Did some smart tuning of the canned map provided by Fuel Moto and that is it. It pulls real nice from down low to the rev limiter and I personally think it is the best sounding M8 exhaust system out there bar none.  I am using the regular baffle which is quiet enough for long trips and listening to the stereo but has a definite loud bark when you jump on the throttle... Would love to have it dyno tuned but still on the fence about whether to drop a cam in before spending the money for a dyno tune. Am leaning toward a Redshift 468 if I go that route (and I probably will...)

Fit and finish are also very good.
2018 Ultra Limited. Back in black!

kmcintee

I have a 2017 RG Ultra.  Using zippers red shift 468 cam, Rhinehart header pipes, S&S M-45 slipons and K&N high flow AC using the stock 107 air filer housing.  I had a new oil pump with backing plate installed and no problems yet.  I've had this set up for a couple of years, and I'm extremely happy with this combination so much that I'm convinced that no need to do anything else to the motor.