March 29, 2024, 03:39:59 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

A/F Gauges

Started by dwjohnson, June 12, 2020, 02:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwjohnson

Hey guys, researching A/F gauges to install on bike for real time monitoring of my tune. Coming up with a few questions and differing info.
Have been told that beginning with the intro of Harley's newer small 12mm sensors, the factory electrical system changes quite a bit (maybe CAN BUS system) There now seems to be some sort of floating ground system voltage and because of that, the older A/F gauges won't work, at least the ones that use narrow band sensors for driving the monitor gauge ( i.e. RB Racing), stay with me here, never mind I know no one here likes tuning with narrow band.
  I have an older RB racing gauge but haven't tried it as of yet. Other companies selling A/F gauges don't seem to mention fitment only by certain year models or quote only working on certain bikes. I did buy an AEM A/F unit to use on my 2011 Ultra Limited. My bike came with the smaller 12mm sensors and the AEM came with it's own 4.9 wideband sensor in a complete kit. Now this kit works but it doesn't. What I mean is it comes on, but the reading constantly jumps around between 13-15:1 so much and so fast, that I can't be sure what the actual reading is. The company offered no help and that's why I'm on here asking these questions. Could it be the floating ground system confusing the signal on the AEM? RB Racing says I'll have to buy one of their new dual channel units to monitor the newer bikes from 2010 and up.
Did any Dyno guys have to change or update your A/F monitoring gauges?
Any tips or advice?  Thanks