April 25, 2024, 03:23:47 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

103 Heads on TC88-95 build

Started by wsrost, June 18, 2020, 09:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsrost

I want to put ported 103 Heads on a TC 88/95 build.
My bike is a 2000 TC 88  :scratch:Fatboy Carburetor (Mikuni 42) with 95ci cylinders and Ness Stage I Big sucker airfilter.
As far as I understand, I have to change at least the intake flanges to HD #26993-06 and new seals HD #26995-86.
Big question is how can I wire the ACR`s ? Parts needed?
Another issue is getting the backplate of the Big sucker fixed on the heads because the distance between the two boreholes seems to be different. Any adapter for this or other solutions?

Don D

I will let others explain wiring. The breather holes did not change. Only variable is the head stack, head gasket thickness,  and how much if any they are milled.

fidel

Just power from starter relay i just plug one acr start fine with two engine turn longer before start ccp is 200 rear front

remington007

If the big sucker is for a drive by wire bike it wont match a 2000 carb or tb

jsachs1

Venting the heads the way I have them pictured in the homemade tools section on the forum, is very easy to do. Once done it opens a ton of options for different air cleaner set ups. :up:
John

Ohio HD

Quote from: jsachs1 on June 18, 2020, 02:24:49 PM
Venting the heads the way I have them pictured in the homemade tools section on the forum, is very easy to do. Once done it opens a ton of options for different air cleaner set ups. :up:
John

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,109185.0.html

:up:

wsrost

Thanks for the hint!
@ jsachs1
Is it a prefabricated part, that is drilled in or how does it work? Where can I get it?
If I use it, I don`t need to wire /use the ACRs??

jsachs1

June 19, 2020, 01:05:44 PM #7 Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 01:15:48 PM by jsachs1
Quote from: wsrost on June 19, 2020, 07:15:15 AM
Thanks for the hint!
@ jsachs1
Is it a prefabricated part, that is drilled in or how does it work? Where can I get it?
If I use it, I don`t need to wire /use the ACRs??
Nothing to do with the compression releases. Leave them as is. If you need to remove the wire/connector stands no big deal, leave that bracket off. Buy 2 male 1/8" taper pipe thread hose barbs, drill down (11/32" bit) from the round hole in the breather slot of the head, and tap threads with a 1/8" taper pipe tap as in the picture. The other plus is, you can use solid bolts( 3/8") to hold the air cleaner to the heads.
John