April 16, 2024, 02:12:50 AM

News:

accel enrichment at idle on logs

Started by 1stop, June 18, 2020, 01:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1stop

i got an 09 cvo (stock)in shop that has erratic idle. logging with Powervision & using Megalog viewer to read logs. im getting accel enrichment at idle. Looks like only at hot idle. tps toggling between 5 & 6 %. anyone seen this? possible cause? not working the throttle at all 

aharp

I have not. Does the kpa vary enough to cause the timing to change or is it all set the same in that general area? It's interesting because I wonder if the small rapid change in throttle plate is enough to trip the accel enrichment table
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to spend?

kd

Is the engine open or closed loop and up to temp for this reading?
KD

Sunny Jim

Does it have a performance cam? Hi Compression?

Hossamania

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Jamie Long

Quote from: 1stop on June 18, 2020, 01:24:48 PM
i got an 09 cvo (stock)in shop that has erratic idle. logging with Powervision & using Megalog viewer to read logs. im getting accel enrichment at idle. Looks like only at hot idle. tps toggling between 5 & 6 %. anyone seen this? possible cause? not working the throttle at all

In your tune what value is in the Fuel> Acceleration Enrichment Multiplier table?

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Check Intake AND Throttle Body Seals before moving forward. I have seen this while tuning but not with the PV. Can you post a screenshot capturing it?
Tom

rbabos

Acel fuel will trigger on a crappy idle due to rpm fluctuations and rapid MAP changes that is a side effect. Usually bad afr at idle for whatever reason. If there's timing changes within this rpm lope area,  that feeds into it too, exaggerating the condition for bad idle. Not so much the settings in the Acel fuel table but the conditions that trigger it in the first place. Smooth the idle and it won't trigger it .
Ron

Jamie Long

Quote from: rbabos on June 22, 2020, 08:40:33 AM
Acel fuel will trigger on a crappy idle due to rpm fluctuations and rapid MAP changes that is a side effect. Usually bad afr at idle for whatever reason. If there's timing changes within this rpm lope area,  that feeds into it too, exaggerating the condition for bad idle. Not so much the settings in the Acel fuel table but the conditions that trigger it in the first place. Smooth the idle and it won't trigger it .
Ron

If the Acc Enrichement "Multiplier" value (not the Acc Enrichment table) is changed from 1.0 it can very much cause this exact issue as it essentially breaks the tune. It could also be a host of other things including an intake leak, improperly tuned VE & spark tables, etc...

1stop

it as a stg 1 harley cal. exhaust is stock. was running poorly. ended up being plug wires. just never seen that before. will be paying attention to it next time i log another bike.