April 19, 2024, 09:39:37 AM

News:

Good head unit and speakers

Started by Prostock, June 18, 2020, 01:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prostock

What do you recommend for a 2011 road glide.  Must have blue tooth.  Would rather not have an amp.   Thanks

Scot

Hossamania

I am a fan of amplifiers, the radio doesn't have to work nearly as hard.
Other than that, I have nothing to offer.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

cheech

A buddy just installed this: Aquatics
Plug and play with factory harness, no adapter needed for thumb controls. Appears nice, the faceplate comes off and has room to put phone for Bluetooth or USB or a flash drive permanently plugged in to play from the USB.
I'd have to get back as far as if it works nice and whatnot. Also no feedback as far as how it sounds as far as no amp, as he has a amp powering 2) 6.5" speakers in his Streetglide.

A Few more that are plug and play.

Aquatics has some packages also. Head unit, amp, speakers.

chipthedonkey

I've installed two of the Aquatics radios.  About as plug and play as one could hope for with anything that is aftermarket.  It won't fly with the CVO bikes though; or at least most of them.  It's not made to run the extra onboard amps and the speakers downwind of them.  Only has the single connector for the "stock" harness and does not have the second connector for the auxiliary harness that all the extra stuff runs through.

chipthedonkey

Oh, and... d'uh; what it sounds like?  Neither installs were on a bike of mine so I never spent a ton of time with either after the installs.  My ears also aren't equipped to know the difference between sound and oh-that-sounds-awesome-kind-of-sound.  Both bikes sounded ok to me and the owner in the garage.  The only one I ever rode could be heard and mostly understood at 70 on the highway behind a Road Glide fairing on a bike that had a relatively quiet exhaust.