April 19, 2024, 02:43:03 AM

News:

2014 FLSTC problems?

Started by Finn, June 22, 2020, 12:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

Hello.

Buddy's 2014 103" FLSTC is at the dealer getting new cams, bearings, lifters and such.

I was told that everything is now mechanically OK and bike is running but they cannot get Power Vision to "connect" with bike. Apparently they cannot even get the HD computer to connect with bike properly to flash the ECM with bone stock program. But it looks like they can read the codes.

There are several fault codes listed which, as far as I understood correctly, relate to speedometer or it's sensor.

Bike funtioned just fine before the shop visit. Word around was that bike was supposed to have been programmed with MasterTune or something but according to what they can see the program appears to be stock.

Any suggestions/ideas?
-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

Coyote

Finn

Thanks guys.

It took a while for us to figure out that Mastertune was the problem ie. Mastertune had "locked" the ECM.

After a bit of googling we got it unlocked and ECM could be flashed with HD stock calibration. After that we use Power Vision perfect.

103 with Andrews 48 seems a quite nice combo.  :up:
-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

Coyote

Yeah that'll do it. Nice huh?

rigidthumper

That's something I'll never understand-trading in a bike with a tuner married to it, and not keeping the tuner with the bike :angry: .  It doesn't have much value to the previous owner after the bike is traded off!
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Hossamania

I think it's a "screw it, I paid for it, I'm keeping it" attitude.
Or, they really think they are smarter than the unit and can use it on another bike, even though they were told it's a one time deal.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Finn

Well, actually the Mastertune "box thingy" did follow with the bike and is in possession of my buddy - although I think he has probably thrown it into river by now.

The actual problem was that we did not know of this ECM locking aspect oc Mastertune. Now we do after an hour of swearing and such.  :embarrassed:

chipthedonkey

I know a couple guys that have kept an old Mastertune after selling a bike it was married to.  They kept it just as a tool to use to scan for and clear codes.  It was something one told the other about. 

I don't know they ever actually used it.  Heck, I don't know if it it would even do it (I've never had a Mastertune [and don't plan to]).  But that was their rationale.  I'd send the device on with a bike it was married to; only seems obvious.  But I can understand the guys' rationale that hung to theirs if there was some function to it.

Scotty

Quote from: Finn on June 23, 2020, 12:01:36 PM
Well, actually the Mastertune "box thingy" did follow with the bike and is in possession of my buddy - although I think he has probably thrown it into river by now.

The actual problem was that we did not know of this ECM locking aspect oc Mastertune. Now we do after an hour of swearing and such.  :embarrassed:

Yes still get emails about this problem even now................The reason why they lock the ECM is just so stupid but the owner of the company is quite a narcissist  :hyst:
I fixed one just 2 weeks ago for the dealer here.

MikeL

My 2007 Ultra had the HD race tuner. The previous owner would not part with the dongel. Still using XM radio for free. Been 2 years.

MIKE