May 06, 2024, 01:10:43 AM

News:

Shotgun shocks

Started by jmorton10, July 26, 2020, 11:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmorton10

Anybody here used these things??

A buddy wants me to install these on his roadking.

Are they good ??

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

04 SE Deuce

The softail set up is total junk.  2 air chambers fighting each other with basically no damping.  Most that put many miles on these have sent them back for repair multiple times.  If you do a search you can read my personal experience with a friends bike and a subsequent face to face encounter with the owner of Shotgun.

Have not had first hand experience with his touring model shocks but wouldn't be interested if someone paid me to try or use his  :turd:.   -Rick

jmorton10

Thanks Rick, that's the kind of info I was looking for.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

jmorton10

So what are the best air shocks for a bagger ??

~John

04rkryder

Not air shocks but when my shocks on my 04 RK went south, I replaced with Super Shox. Way better than the HD air shocks I replaced.

PoorUB

I put a set of Olins in my 2016 Limited. Set them up for my wife and my weight and leave them set there. Ride a whole lot better than the OEM air shocks.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

jmorton10

I know Ohlins are the best, I have run them for years but my buddy wants air shocks so he can lower it when he needs to (He is really short)

I've tried air shocks a few times & hated them, but that was a long time ago.

~John

FloridaJim5

Quote from: jmorton10 on July 27, 2020, 07:06:25 PM
I know Ohlins are the best, I have run them for years but my buddy wants air shocks so he can lower it when he needs to (He is really short)

I've tried air shocks a few times & hated them, but that was a long time ago.

~John

Tell him to look at the Legend Air Ride suspension.   

calif phil

Stay clear of Shotgun Shocks,  I would say Legends Air ride,  I have used Arnott on a Sportster for a customer that was 5' tall and 3' wide.   It worked good for him. 

NHBagger

For regular shocks, I running 14" Pro Action on my trike. Best shocks I have ever run.
When I had my bagger I ran Platinum Air Ride. I think rebound control helps the ride.

biggzed

I ran a set of Arnott on my Road Glide for a while. They worked ok. I know a lot of top quality builders such as Dave Dupor and DA Performance use the Dirty Air products. Might check them out. I don't have first hand experience with them.

Zach