March 28, 2024, 06:31:59 AM

News:

Wiseco 40 over pistons

Started by ReapersWG, June 29, 2020, 02:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReapersWG

Ok I need some help does anyone know how much I can safely have milled off the Wiseco 10 to 1 40 over pistons? I especially need to mill the flat top area of the piston that matches the combustion chamber small half moon area is where Im having contact. I'm even running a mls 45 thou head gasket. Machine shop guy suggests at least 30 thousandth clearance of that flat top area. Builder clayed clearance for valves but not that matching flat top area of the head and piston. Thabks in advance

thumper 823

If you jump all through those hoops and carve squish areas,  in it might be a LOT cheaper to get the combustion chamber craved out and domed pistons?

That is my preferred treatment .
D Troop 3/5, - C/16 ,162AHC, Mekong delta.
Rising from the Ashes  UHIH

ReapersWG

The heads were already ported and the pistons are 10 to 1 domed 12.9cc according to Wiseco website. The only contact is the small flat spot on the piston and corresponding area of the head has anyone milled Wiseco pistons before?

wfolarry

I've milled a lot of pistons. Look on the bottom side of the piston to see if it's the shape of the dome. If it is you have to measure the thickness of the piston in the area you want to mill. I like to keep them around .200. If the dome is solid aluminum then you should have no trouble trimming it. You can mark the area that makes contact & trim it off.
Measure twice. Cut once.

Hillside Motorcycle

Not hard to do, just take good care as Larry has mentioned. :up:
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"