March 28, 2024, 03:22:27 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Ironhead replacement seat

Started by sharkoilfield, July 03, 2020, 07:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkoilfield

Bought two aftermarket seats on ebay so far; neither fit well. The last one was used, apparently off a 1974, and isn't even a close fit. The only new seats available are from Drag Specialties $$, and Le Pera $$$.  I'm looking for a close fit, no gap between seat and frame...any recommendations out there?

JW113

:missed:

I guess not! I have a solo springer seat on mine, so lots of space between seat and frame. There are not a lot of options anymore for the Ironheads, and from what I've seen, nothing "cheap". Saddlemen have what looks like a nice seat if you have $400 USD laying around collecting dust. If you have a stock seat pan, perhaps have somebody re-foam and rec-over it?

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

sharkoilfield

Found a NOS Drag Specialties solo seat for my year on Ebay and bought it. I'm pretty confident this'll work. Cost more than the list price when it was available; guess it's a matter of how bad do I want it...

Racepres

Year model matters... pre 1979 is Mucho different from later....

sharkoilfield

Finally found a decent OEM cobra seat on ebay...suits the bike to a T! Just need to sort out the mounting; according to parts book there's a pin on the frame lug...can anyone provide a shot of this setup stock? I have the front bracket on the seat underside. Thanks

bobrk1

I  had a solo with  springs too, rode great 

sharkoilfield

Quote from: sharkoilfield on July 06, 2020, 07:22:38 AM
Found a NOS Drag Specialties solo seat for my year on Ebay and bought it. I'm pretty confident this'll work. Cost more than the list price when it was available; guess it's a matter of how bad do I want it...

Never got the solo seat; was just a drop-shipper listing and it was discontinued and out of stock. Found a new one in Europe but the price was waaay outta line... I have a good OEM seat and a POS aftermarket