March 29, 2024, 04:05:36 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Hello from the Gulf of Mexico.

Started by fixxer, July 04, 2020, 07:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fixxer

Hi from the Gulf of Mexico folks. 

Love the feel and sound of a running Harley.  I've had bikes that run harder but none felt like a Harley.  I always knew I'd come back to them and embibe in the Kool-aid because that's how I'm wired.   

I live in Kansas but work as a Merchant Mariner, operating in the Gulf of Mexico. 
Been riding most of my life.  Picked up a 19 Road King Special last month (used with 125 total mi on it) and finished the break in a couple weeks ago.

The last Harley I owned before that was an 86 Dyno Low Rider I took over payments on ages ago.  Had to give that up when I was putting myself through college and finally joining the USN back in the 90's. 

Had several bikes since them, but none of them Harley.
My last tour bike had been discontinued (Victory) but I am keeping it in the stable since I've been through our Country on it and we still love it too. 

I'm a self-reliant kinda guy that gets into the nuts and bolts, pours through the manuals of my own stuff and likes to be the one who does the meaningful work to my own stuff, so this place seems to be a good fit.

SixShooter14

Howdy, welcome from Montana

Sounds like you'll fit right in around here. The tech sections are full of professional and non-professional wrenches that are full of good information. Perfect for helping out the diy mechanic. The General and M8 sections are probably the best for you. If you need any help, just ask. Someone is sure to help ya out.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Leed

Ohio HD

Welcome to HTT

I've been through Hutchinson on a few of my out west excursions where I rode a good part of US 50 as my route.

A bit north of you in Concordia is California Phil's. Phil is an awesome guy who will help another guy out when they need parts or advice for their rides. He's here on this site and a friend to us all.

moose

Moose aka Glenn-

rigidthumper

Welcome from due east of ya Misery Missouri :)
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

cbumdumb

Hello from Louisiana and a former Merchant Marine

harttoo

Pete_Vit

:beer: Welcome from North Central Arkansas.
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch