April 19, 2024, 06:19:09 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Success

Started by motorplex88, July 06, 2020, 02:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorplex88

I have successfully put together the worst sounding shovel exhaust I've ever heard  :doh:. Ordered the head pipe off eBay and then dig through the junk and found the fish tail off of an old 360 Honda. Just horrible! After having to make footboard rear Mount and get the Taiwan head flanges to fit seems like a huge waste of time
One good thing is the engine seems to like way better than the old shorty drags that's been on it for years. Oh well, I'll just keep riding the damned thing. :hyst:

Ohio HD

LOL!      :SM:

Yeah, I bet the old girl likes the added back pressure on the exhaust.

Like I told a friend once, you can buy exhaust to make them sound good, or you can buy exhaust to make them run good.    :smiled:

david lee

i wish running boards and brake and shifter lever were set back more for shorter riders

Hossamania

I've got to say, it is a unique looking setup.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

JW113

Quote from: david lee on July 06, 2020, 02:44:17 PM
i wish running boards and brake and shifter lever were set back more for shorter riders

It's not the boards/brake/shifter, it's the seat! A stock Shovel pogo post seat sits a bit more forward than the frame mounted seats, so foot controls are closer.

Nice looking bike dude!

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

motorplex88

Ha !
Yup, it's unique. It sounds like 2 frogs farting in a bowl of cotton balls. The fish tail started out longer and had about a 8 inch baffle. Cut the tail to what I thought was a good length which also took out about half the baffle. Totally shocked at the sound. Another thing that surprised me was after riding around 80 miles , I really expected the pipes to turn color up close to the heads. Not yet. I'm sure they will in due time.

JW113

Youtube video!!! The suspense is killing me!

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

76shuvlinoff

Looks great.   At least you didn't use a cherry bomb!  :teeth:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

motorplex88

Cherry Bomb  :idea: :idea:??  I may have to go back out to the junk pile.  Me knowing how to youtube would be like me knowing how to split an atom.  :hyst: