April 19, 2024, 09:24:22 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

tts mastertune flight recorder and decel pop adj

Started by anthonyflhx, July 10, 2020, 05:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyflhx

Hey everyone, hope you can help a little bit with this one. I have a tts mastertune and have done the dataruns and merges and have a pretty good running map. I just have 2 areas where decel pop is driving me crazy.

So, I did a flight recorder run to narrow down where a decel pop was occurring. I think I have one of them down to RPM 2658 and Map kpa 57.9. So my question now is do I add fuel to the cell before and after these ranges in my master tune file, which would be column 55 and 60 and rows 2500 and 2750 in my main afr table?

When i had the decel pop i pulled in clutch for a couple seconds then reved 3 times. I can see in my graph where the spikes are and right before spikes the tps is "0", so Im assuming this is because I help clutch in. Am I correct in this so far?

I attached the flight recorder opened in data master graph if that helps any, as well as where i think the mastertune afr tables need adjusting. thanks for your help and feedback.

Ohio HD

anthonyflhx

Thanks Ohio. I read through that thread, but wouldnt an exhaust or intake leak pop all over the place? I have pop at specific gear and speed, 3rd gear at 50mph. Wouldnt that be more a specific cell that is too lean in my afr map?

Ohio HD

Read these parts of the posts.

Quote from: HV on June 24, 2020, 03:32:29 PM
Carb cleaner or Contact cleaner will also work and is much safer..... Using Quick Tune ...in fuel Tab on Decel add 5 % ......in Spark Tab in Decel add 3 Degrees   try this   adding more fuel and timing can help if still an issue... but if you need to add too much you have another issue

Quote from: Ohio HD on June 23, 2020, 07:05:01 PM
I'm far from a pro tuner, but what usually works for me is add timing to closed throttle decel. If that doesn't work, add a little fuel as well at decel.

More timing and a little fuel at decel works 99% of the time.

rigidthumper

Quote from: anthonyflhx on July 10, 2020, 05:29:35 PM
Thanks Ohio. I read through that thread, but wouldnt an exhaust or intake leak pop all over the place? I have pop at specific gear and speed, 3rd gear at 50mph. Wouldnt that be more a specific cell that is too lean in my afr map?
Are you experiencing a lean sneeze through the intake @ 50 MPH, or or is this a "slow down from 70-45 in high gear, and it pops in the exhaust as it passes through 50 MPH?

3rd gear @ 50 MPH doesn't sound like typical decel pop to me. Decel pop typically is in the low map (hi vacuum) descending RPM 0-3% throttle.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?