April 19, 2024, 12:52:56 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Valve Seals, Guide Tops .603" S&S

Started by Don D, July 10, 2020, 05:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don D

S&S swears they are all .625, not true. OK this is not the first time I have run into this, guide tops are undersize and the Klines will not stay put. The ID of a new Kline or Kibblewhite equivalent are about the same right there at .605. What is the fix for this? I am not going to replace the guides just for that, the parts are in good condition. Thought about cutting the tops for the early style. I can, just wondering if anyone else has seen these and how they dealt with it.

xlfan

I did see it some years ago, got the same swear treatment from S&S, and cut them down to .560's.

Hillside Motorcycle

We have simply used automotive seals, when we first witnessed this years ago........
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

Dogbone45ACP

Don, you put Viton seals from a GM 8.1 on my S&S heads.

ghostrider

Enginetech  S810V   seals should work as well.   But the viton ones are kinda tall if you a bigger cam.

Don D

Quote from: Dogbone45ACP on July 11, 2020, 04:09:34 AM
Don, you put Viton seals from a GM 8.1 on my S&S heads.

Most of the automotive seals like those for the GM are very tall and limit the lift a lot. After giving this some thought I am going to cut them to .562