April 24, 2024, 01:28:21 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Lighter Clutch Pull

Started by Tommy D, July 17, 2020, 08:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy D

In my '14 TK with 120 square using a 98B SE clutch diaphragm in a stock clutch set up... looking for another effective option for my arthritic hand to reduce the lever pull.
Acts 4:12

Baddyna

FSG

rigidthumper

Muller Motorcycle Hydro Clutch - 120-50 is your friend :)
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Tommy D

Quote from: rigidthumper on July 18, 2020, 03:48:49 AM

I'm not familiar with, is this a complete clutch replacement or a simple diaphragm r&r ?

Ohio HD

calif phil

I have installed numerous, Mueller and AIM slave cylinders and they work fantastic.  Rekluse has one out now as well. 

Tommy D

Quote from: rigidthumper on July 18, 2020, 03:48:49 AM

Thanks, Robin  :up:

jmorton10

I have no experience with the AIM slave cylinders, but I installed the Muller for a buddy of mine & he's thrilled with it   :up: :up:

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

Hillside Motorcycle

Those Recluse slaves work well.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

sfmichael

How good are the Rekluse clutch set-ups?
Colorado Springs, CO.

Tommy D

moose

just put an Aim unit on my 2020 ultra limited its like night and day
Moose aka Glenn-

tdrglide

I run a rekluse TorqDrive clutch pack (not auto clutch) in a 03 FLT making 129/130. Stock 04 clutch spring. Does not slip. Did not slip on a dyno.  Don't even worry about it anymore. If it ever wears out I would definitely buy another. They make them for the later models too.
The more clutch plate surface area allows you to use a lighter springs

Hossamania

I believe turboprop or Ohio is using a Rekluse, and those guys do not fool around when it comes to making horsepower.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

sfmichael

Quote from: tdrglide on August 07, 2020, 11:35:16 AM
I run a rekluse TorqDrive clutch pack (not auto clutch) in a 03 FLT making 129/130. Stock 04 clutch spring. Does not slip. Did not slip on a dyno.  Don't even worry about it anymore. If it ever wears out I would definitely buy another. They make them for the later models too.
The more clutch plate surface area allows you to use a lighter springs

thank you  :beer:
Colorado Springs, CO.

itsafatboy

1 . bandet clutch
2. mheuler ramp
3. Teflon cable

best clutch light pull will hold any horsepower you have

Jim Bronson

Quote from: moose on August 07, 2020, 08:20:34 AM
just put an Aim unit on my 2020 ultra limited its like night and day
I installed one on my 2015 SE RK a few months ago. The clutch pull is way lighter, and the install was easy. It fits through the derby cover.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

HogMike

Quote from: jmorton10 on July 18, 2020, 11:01:47 AM
I have no experience with the AIM slave cylinders, but I installed the Muller for a buddy of mine & he's thrilled with it   :up: :up:

~John

I installed the Muller Slave a year and a half ago, works as a light pull and wider friction zone.
Love it!
Would buy another.
:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

dvng

Does it make sense to have both the Aims VPC and Mueller clutch slave installed simultaneously?

randyman

I ran the Rekluse auto clutch for a year or so and liked it.  I recently switched to the AIM cylinder and put the stock clutch back in.  The Rekluse is really nice but it had one issue I didnt like.  You could not park on a hill and leave in gear so it didnt roll away.

Hossamania

Quote from: randyman on February 04, 2021, 06:50:18 PM
I ran the Rekluse auto clutch for a year or so and liked it.  I recently switched to the AIM cylinder and put the stock clutch back in.  The Rekluse is really nice but it had one issue I didnt like.  You could not park on a hill and leave in gear so it didnt roll away.

Now that is an issue that I never would have thought of. Good to know. Time for the heavy rubber band around the brake handle. Or the little spring loaded clip like my atv.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

BigT

Quote from: dvng on February 04, 2021, 03:25:33 AM
Does it make sense to have both the Aims VPC and Mueller clutch slave installed simultaneously?
I am running the AIM SDR along with their slave clutch in my 124"  I have the heavy duty springs along with 3 shims and the clutch handle pull is still like stock.

HogMike

Quote from: BigT on February 05, 2021, 06:02:03 PM
Quote from: dvng on February 04, 2021, 03:25:33 AM
I am running the AIM SDR along with their slave clutch in my 124"  I have the heavy duty springs along with 3 shims and the clutch handle pull is still like stock.

I'm using the muller and SDR in my 124, light pull and no slipping on the dyno pulls.
I like it!
:hug:
HOGMIKE
SoCal