April 18, 2024, 08:36:25 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

tts mastertune ve table blending column up ?

Started by anthonyflhx, July 25, 2020, 05:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyflhx

Im redoing some data runs to try and dial my tune in better and have a question about ve table blending columns.
In manual it says to blend down, but what if there is empty space above rows? Do you blend up as well? Or just leave those values as is? For instance my rear ve table for 750 and 1000 column are blank from 7 thru 100. at 1750 i have data that can be copied up to fill those empty cells but not sure if that is correct. Appreciate any clarification on this.
Pic attached for reference.
Thanks in advance.

Ohio HD

Someone like Robin who knows this stuff inside out may have better info to give. But that's pretty much what I've followed. Below is a front VE table from one of mine. The unreachable cells I just copied up or down. I know in some cases you have to make a few manual adjustments to the outlier cells. But that comes at troubleshoot stages.

[attach=0]

anthonyflhx

July 25, 2020, 06:16:48 PM #2 Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 07:14:19 PM by anthonyflhx
Edit
Got the original values figured out. I had over ridden my original download, so was a bit confused when i went back to reset values.
I was not able to get close looped bias table to 640, only 642. Is this the number it should be reset to for final calibration?

Also Just need confirmation on blending up in ve columns. Thanks again.

Ohio HD

I don't have a newer manual in front of me, but I always just save the file with the new cell changes, then download the file to the ECM when your done editing. 

rigidthumper

I use trends more than blending- look at the contiguous cells, and the trend- if you have good data at 0 and 2 %
Quote from: anthonyflhx on July 25, 2020, 05:21:42 PM
Im redoing some data runs to try and dial my tune in better and have a question about ve table blending columns.
In manual it says to blend down, but what if there is empty space above rows? Do you blend up as well? Or just leave those values as is? For instance my rear ve table for 750 and 1000 column are blank from 7 thru 100. at 1750 i have data that can be copied up to fill those empty cells but not sure if that is correct. Appreciate any clarification on this.
Pic attached for reference.[size=78%]  [/size]
Thanks in advance.
(disclaimer-always try to get valid data using hills/gearing/private roads while being safe and prudent- don't want to lose life or license)

When blending/guessing,I follow the trend, if I can see one- maps tend to be a collection of 3*3 sections of ramps/crests/valleys, and looking at the graphs will show you this. If the area you are looking at is clearly part of a trend, just follow it. If you have an area, at say 10% TP , starting at 1500 goes from 95-97-98-97-95,  then I would, absent valid data, reduce the cells directly above the first 95 by 1/2-1% as I go up, then I would look to the left & right, and see if I have any valid data there, and ask "does the changes I just made seem reasonable?" If I open the throttle 3% more ( going from 7% to 10% TP is a theoretical 3% more airflow) does the new number reasonable match the increase in airflow? ( Say 7% @ 1250 was 87, so the 10% column @ 1250 should be ~90, +/- a couple)
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?