April 19, 2024, 07:10:44 PM

News:

First time out

Started by hbkeith, July 26, 2020, 03:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbkeith

My FXR ran a 12.2 @ 111.5 at the test session , i was happy for first time down a real track , gotta figure out the launch

rigidthumper

Practice, practice, practice-your MPH indicates there's an 11.90 run in your future :). Get the 60' time under 1.50 and you'll be there...
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

hbkeith

:up: i was thinking about the same

Racepres

Saw that... That is really good Numbers.... something to work with
The Youngest got 13.2 at a Flat Buck, out of the '83 with basically Stock, '93 Engine... I was Happy...

turboprop

Quote from: hbkeith on July 26, 2020, 03:31:06 AM
My FXR ran a 12.2 @ 111.5 at the test session , i was happy for first time down a real track , gotta figure out the launch

The 60' time is the yardstick to measure the launch. Consistency/repeatability come first. Do you have a variable lockup for the clutch? 
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Racepres

July 28, 2020, 05:37:55 AM #5 Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 07:23:03 AM by Racepres
Quote from: rigidthumper on July 26, 2020, 10:33:48 AM
Practice, practice, practice-your MPH indicates there's an 11.90 run in your future :). Get the 60' time under 1.50 and you'll be there...

Quote from: turboprop on July 27, 2020, 10:43:39 AM

The 60' time is the yardstick to measure the launch. Consistency/repeatability come first. Do you have a variable lockup for the clutch?

LOL
sorry... but these are Street Bikes ... The MPH tells ya that the ET is pretty good for a Street Bike...
Hell... A Wheelie Bar would be first if we are after E.T.
If we take ourselves too Serious... we will cease to have Fun!!!

turboprop

Quote from: Racepres on July 28, 2020, 05:37:55 AM

LOL
sorry... but these are Street Bikes ... The MPH tells ya that the ET is pretty good for a Street Bike...

FYI - Street bikes have changed since the early 70s. Just saying. hahaaha
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Racepres

Quote from: turboprop on July 28, 2020, 07:44:41 AM
Quote from: Racepres on July 28, 2020, 05:37:55 AM

LOL

FYI - Street bikes have changed since the early 70s. Just saying. hahaaha

Mine have Not
Still Simply Fun...
Outlaw Street class type???? No thanks....Just to Brag... for a moment, till the next guy bumps ya... Again!!!
I left that behind.
Hell... Look at them Bagger guys!!!! Cubic dollars, for a moment of infamy!!!

kd

You just talked a bunch of bagger guys out of the sport with that personal judgment.  :crash:
KD

Racepres

July 28, 2020, 11:52:14 AM #9 Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 12:21:21 PM by Racepres
Quote from: kd on July 28, 2020, 11:24:01 AM
You just talked a bunch of bagger guys out of the sport with that personal judgment.  :crash:
Talked 'em out huh???
10 times as many baggers at this last event than anything else... guess which trophy we did Not give away???? Not even One Competitor!!! Hell I have more than one friend who have a Wally... just because they were the Only One in the Class!!! Only Guys with Baggers I see interested in Track Competition, are extreme Bagger performance types!!!
Offer a "Street Bagger" class....and they all Spectate... Every single one!!!
Hell... I will call 'em out next time... I will ride my 883 or even one of the Ironheads!!!!!
Only Keyboard racers will take me up.... Bets?

kd

Easy boy.  Sorry if it came across as a shot but it wasn't intended that way.  You would have a better view than I from where you are.  I will say that my experience is if you want someone to participate in something,  you plant positive seeds and water them from time to time.  People want to grow and encouraged properly will.  We just have to realize some are happy in the groove they are in and only want the street performance. Some can barely afford that much let alone the cost of racing, travel and constantly breaking things.  Fortunately they are paying to spectate and that keeps the gate open.
KD

Hossamania

If I had any tracks close to me I would at least show up to watch, and after the first time I'd probably sign up and go out and run the Roadking, have the biggest rush doing it, eventually break it, and start in again. What's the saying about making a small fortune in racing?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Hossamania

Oh, and hbkeith, that is a pretty impressive run, first or not!

98fxstc

Quote from: Hossamania on July 28, 2020, 03:20:23 PM
:up:

Racepres

Quote from: kd on July 28, 2020, 01:42:43 PM
Easy boy.  Sorry if it came across as a shot but it wasn't intended that way.  You would have a better view than I from where you are.  I will say that my experience is if you want someone to participate in something,  you plant positive seeds and water them from time to time.  People want to grow and encouraged properly will.  We just have to realize some are happy in the groove they are in and only want the street performance. Some can barely afford that much let alone the cost of racing, travel and constantly breaking things.  Fortunately they are paying to spectate and that keeps the gate open.
I have a Bit of experience in that... sometimes ya gotta call em out too..
this was a Party Drag.. Fun Day with all manner of Participants...and spectators..
these are the Bagger guys that race down the driveway coming and going... yet... never even consider embarrassing themselves on the track..
Quote from: Hossamania on July 28, 2020, 02:02:54 PM
If I had any tracks close to me I would at least show up to watch, and after the first time I'd probably sign up and go out and run the Roadking, have the biggest rush doing it, eventually break it, and start in again. What's the saying about making a small fortune in racing?
Exactly the Guy the Party Drags are intended for..

Quote from: Hossamania on July 28, 2020, 03:20:23 PM
Yes... yes it was... and I apologize for detracting from that!!  Excuse me Keith... and Thanks Bunches for your help in spreading the word, and for your participation... Be Better next time... I'm Thinking..

Hossamania

Wish we had a track around here. Closest one is Brainard, two and a half hours away, the only upcoming drag event, car/cycle combo, happens on a Wednesday night, probably won't make that one. NHRA is postponed, so can't even see those guys this year.

hbkeith

Just a stock 98+ clutch , hell Hoss you would of loved it , one of my buddies ran his giant apes bagger with the stereo jammin lol ,good time , we be back next time Marty, might  have me a sportster I can challenge you with lol, touring the UP at the moment , hell trying to see on my little ass phone

Racepres

Quote from: hbkeith on July 29, 2020, 03:25:22 AM
Just a stock 98+ clutch , hell Hoss you would of loved it , one of my buddies ran his giant apes bagger with the stereo jammin lol ,good time , we be back next time Marty, might  have me a sportster I can challenge you with lol, touring the UP at the moment , hell trying to see on my little ass phone
All Good Keith, and you are right, I believe Hoss would fit right in to our kind of "mess"
Wish I would have had my Ironhead ready... But, No time to Play anyway...