March 29, 2024, 05:07:40 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

bluetooth system radio speakers

Started by kik, July 28, 2020, 03:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kik

I'm looking to purchase a decent system that will work for the wifes bike. I'm thinking 2 good speakers mounted under the handlebars but I have no idea what would be good as far brand name, watts, speaker dia. All I can tell you is she want's to play her music from her Samsung S7 phone and be able to hear it nice and clear at 70mph . Any suggestions?

Thanks Kik

Hossamania

Get a bike with a fairing.
I've not heard any external speakers that sound any good mounted on the bars. If she wears a helmet, there are some options for speakers mounted in it.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

PoorUB

Ear buds will get the best sound, plus bock much or the wind noise.

Skip the handlebar speakers. I ride a Limited and still wear ear buds.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

kik

LOLOL...Hoss  U funny...fairing...lolol

PoorUB Ear buds are illegal to wear while riding and she wont wear a helmet unless we're in a helmet state.

I was looking at Boss audio and Lexin systems but don't know anyone who has had experience with them.

Thanks guys.

PoorUB

I looked at Boss Audio and Lexin. I don't believe a 3" speaker will support the sound levels needed for highway, or any decent sound quality either.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

jls 64

Quote from: PoorUB on July 28, 2020, 04:20:03 PM

:agree:
js

Hossamania

I just looked at the Boss system, 600 watts for $89 at J&P, might be worth a try for that price, but I think you'll be disappointed. 3" speakers just aren't going to carry much quality sound. I've heard similar, they looked like the Boss system, they really were not impressive. They carry no bass. None.
If mounted under the handlebars, make sure they don't hit the tank. Usually they mount on top.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Pirsch Fire Wagon

I have test ridden several Motorcycles with the Kuryakyn 300 Watt Road Thunder Plus Sound Bar by MTX Handlebar Speaker System which, for it's size is good unit. JMO
Tom

kik

Quote from: Hossamania on July 28, 2020, 07:37:10 PM
I just looked at the Boss system, 600 watts for $89 at J&P, might be worth a try for that price, but I think you'll be disappointed. 3" speakers just aren't going to carry much quality sound. I've heard similar, they looked like the Boss system, they really were not impressive. They carry no bass. None.
If mounted under the handlebars, make sure they don't hit the tank. Usually they mount on top.

Hoss I was actually thinking they would have to be mounted on top of the bars or installed on the top of the engine guard pointed upward. She doesn't want to install a fairing on her bike, so it's kind of moot to think along those lines.

kik

Quote from: Pirsch Fire Wagon on July 28, 2020, 08:13:33 PM
I have test ridden several Motorcycles with the Kuryakyn 300 Watt Road Thunder Plus Sound Bar by MTX Handlebar Speaker System which, for it's size is good unit. JMO

My son bought one of those systems off of EBay, I don't know he brand, I think he said it was about 150W per channel. He said it's real nice until he gets to about 40mph then it gets hard to hear over the wind.

turboprop

Quote from: PoorUB on July 28, 2020, 04:20:03 PM

Me too. I have a couple of high end helmet intercom systems and they work great in a group, but for just me, my Apple ear pods, linked to my phone running Waze, is really good. The noise cancelling of these things is amazing and the phone sorts out what comes through as far as music, navigation and calls. Have not figured out a way to import the audio alerts from the radar detector yet. Not an issue with the intercom.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Coyote

When I had my Softail, I made my own using the HD chrome passing light housings. Amp was in the saddle bag and I had a small MP3 player in a pouch on the tank. Worked really well.

[attach=0]