2019 with Target tune and O2 sensor fault codes?

Started by Finn, July 30, 2020, 06:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

Hello.

A friend is working on a 2019 bike. As far as I can tell the dyno tuning has gone well. Wide band sensors are in place and Target tune is supposed to be left on bike.

I don't know exact details so this is a bit vague but:

The problem seems to be that bike now gives constant O2 sensor fault codes front and rear. Map, as far as I can tell, is from Dynojet and that has been worked on.

I know more of this case tomorrow but if there is any advise you could give it might help/solve the situation.
-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

Coyote

Make sure they used a Target Tune enabled map.

Finn

Quote from: Coyote on July 30, 2020, 06:57:32 AM
Make sure they used a Target Tune enabled map.

Will do. Thanks.  :beer:

Got an update few minutes ago by phone: they updated Target tune firmware and that improved something.
-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

Coyote

That can be a real issue. If the map was saved on a current version of the PV software but you edit it with an older version it can cause problems. Always keep the PV software current.

Finn

Is it so that a map done with older version software can be used with newer software ie. after firmware update?

I myself have dealer appointment next week for installation of CR570-2. The ap I have is from Dynojet and is a couple of months old.

If I now update Power Vision firmware/software should that work also with this older map, too?

Coyote

I think the base maps sometimes change with newer versions of WinPV that are not backwards compatible. Just make sure you update WinPV and the PV itself.

If you have altered a map with an older version of WinPV, I can't say if it's OK to use or not. Might be a good question for Jamie.

Jamie Long

Its always good practice to use the latest software, firmware, and tune database however if you have firmware & tune db new enough to support a 2019 bike that is not the issue. 99.9% of the time when we see a Target Tune equipped bike after a dyno tune that's setting codes or with closed loop not working the tuner either used a non-Target Tune map or they changed a table/setting and effectively broke closed loop operation. You can email the tune to jamie@fuelmotousa.com and I can take a look and fix it if necessary.

Finn

Thank you for the advise and offer.

We'll look into this tomorrow in case it is something we might now be able to sort out by ourselves.