May 08, 2024, 02:07:46 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

front plug is black rear is white

Started by chas, May 06, 2024, 06:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom H, SG-103 and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

chas

My front plug on 03 Ultra is running black and rear is white. Im getting a stutter running at 40 mph. Im running an improved stock map on power vision. When adding 3% fuel I'm getting less decel pop. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

rigidthumper

I'd replace the intake seals & verify the injector wiring is intact.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

chas

If the intake seal was leaking wouldn't it be more likely to run lean rather rich? Plug is not wet just blackened. If the injector wire was loose what would be the fix?

rigidthumper

Intake leaks, or bad injector connections, tend to give you one dark plug and one white plug. Given the age of the bike, my recommendation is to do both, since you're gonna be in there checking the wiring- the injector wires on early Delphi rubber mounted bikes tend to break inside the sheathing, usually somewhere between the pin and the harness next to the frame ( last three-four inches of wire). This causes an intermittent connection at first, and eventually leads to a complete misfire on the affected cylinder.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Deye76

How is starting and idle? Clean that IAC while you're at it.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

biggzed

My 07 Road Glide was a victim of this. It broke right under where the MoCo had a zip tie on the wiring harness. Check those areas as well.

Zach

Quote from: rigidthumper on Yesterday at 06:09:07 AMIntake leaks, or bad injector connections, tend to give you one dark plug and one white plug. Given the age of the bike, my recommendation is to do both, since you're gonna be in there checking the wiring- the injector wires on early Delphi rubber mounted bikes tend to break inside the sheathing, usually somewhere between the pin and the harness next to the frame ( last three-four inches of wire). This causes an intermittent connection at first, and eventually leads to a complete misfire on the affected cylinder.