March 28, 2024, 05:42:29 PM

News:

Been a while

Started by 76shuvlinoff, August 05, 2020, 06:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76shuvlinoff

August 05, 2020, 06:35:40 PM Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 05:52:48 PM by FSG
The 76 has been was cutting out on me on a rides 5 to 20 miles out then a week ago it started real hard and cutting out on the way into work, a 4 mile ride. I went though all the connections, found nothing and figured my 17 year old Dynatek 2000i might finally be giving up. Ordered an Ultima. In the meantime I started taking things apart. The bike is set up dual plugged single fire. I found really corroded spark plug wires at coils to both cyls. As I pulled the plug wires off they fell apart. As a side note I found the springs busted in my Hayden primary tensioner. I have had this bike since 94, I know they need attention but 17 years since the last overhaul is a good run.

Waiting on parts. Stay tuned.

[attach=0,msg1357351] 
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

jls 64

js

sfmichael

Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on August 05, 2020, 06:35:40 PM
The 76 has been was cutting out on me on a rides 5 to 20 miles out then a week ago it started real hard and cutting out on the way into work, a 4 mile ride. I went though all the connections, found nothing and figured my 17 year old Dynatek 2000i might finally be giving up. Ordered an Ultima. In the meantime I started taking things apart. The bike is set up dual plugged single fire. I found really corroded spark plug wires at coils to both cyls. As I pulled the plug wires off they fell apart. As a side note I found the springs busted in my Hayden primary tensioner. I have had this bike since 94, I know they need attention but 17 years since the last overhaul is a good run.

Waiting on parts. Stay tuned.

I'd say  :teeth: :beer:
Colorado Springs, CO.

76shuvlinoff

Quote17 years since the last overhaul is a good run.

Gotta add and sorry to say- that's only approx 32,000 miles  :embarrassed:  She became a very secondary bike in 09.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

76shuvlinoff

New springs for the Hayden primary tensioner. New Ultima ignition, Dynatek 3 ohm coils and Dynatek plug wires.  Static timed, fired right off and did a little over a 40 mile loop. Not even a fart. Kissed triple digits in the home stretch, (just once and in no hurry to do it again).

Still digging this old thumper.  :teeth:
 - Ernest Hemingway

72fl

Glad to hear ya keep the Shovel clippin' along Mark :up:

sfmichael

Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on August 08, 2020, 04:19:20 PM
New springs for the Hayden primary tensioner. New Ultima ignition, Dynatek 3 ohm coils and Dynatek plug wires.  Static timed, fired right off and did a little over a 40 mile loop. Not even a fart. Kissed triple digits in the home stretch, (just once and in no hurry to do it again).

Still digging this old thumper.  :teeth:

:teeth:   :beer:   :bike:
Colorado Springs, CO.

One4Tone

..I have a few twin cams...but the 75 fx is my favourite...mind you I have electric start on it now...at 205 lbs she don't  kick  start like when I was 250 lbs...