May 05, 2024, 07:54:21 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2005 FLT fuel pump question

Started by fbn ent, August 19, 2020, 07:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fbn ent

The father of my lost Brother has an '05 FLT that just quit running as he pulled it onto the stand for an oil change. He would like to ride it in the Memorial in a couple weeks.

When I got to it the fuel pump was laying on the bench because there was a weak sounding pump/no start condition.

Being a skeptic, I re-installed the pump to find that it does indeed have a weak sounding pump when using the run switch. It will start and run when putting battery power to the fuel pump fuse. A known good system relay (from mine) makes no difference.....Cleaned various connectors but didn't go under the fairing as I had no schematic (do now), still the same. I suspect voltage drop somewhere and will be doing my best to find it when I get back there. I'll check fuel pump pressure also.

All of this is to be sure I'm on the right track as I'm not thinking too clearly right now.

Thanks

'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

Fugawee

I had what sounds like a Similar Problem on an 03' FLHTCUI, quite a few years back.  The Bike was under Warranty.  The Dealer replaced the Regulator, and Filter.  If I recall, They said that One of those Pieces had a Crack in it.  I haven't had a Problem since. 
I'll bet that this is the Last Thing that You, and Your Brother's Dad need right now.  Good Luck.
And again, Sorry for Your Loss.  Take Care.