April 20, 2024, 07:10:31 AM

News:

2017 m8 tuning issue PV

Started by 1stop, August 21, 2020, 09:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1stop

i got a m8 that i installed cams in. it has plastic intakr still. checked for intake leaks. guy dont want to spend $ on intake. my issue is, on dyno at steady state, i noticed when i held under load(55ish kpa) at 3000, 20% tps, for 20 sec the fuel reading is at 13ish till 10 sec and then goes to 14.5. ive tested a few tps- rpm ranges and it seems like it is when it is around 50 kpa or more. been focusing on the 3000 range tryi g to figure out what is going on. pe , accel enrich,etc switches are turned off. inj pulse w is same at both afr readings.its weird because it is consistently going lean at 10 secs in run. anyone ran across anything like this?

rigidthumper

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

1stop

1stop

my test was at 3000, 20tps, so i put surrounding ves at same to verify it wasnt blending in with other cells around it.

rigidthumper

I see this, which shows closed loop 2250-3000 RPM,  35-50KPA- which means the actual closed loop area will be 2126-3249 RPM, 27.5 -55 KPA. It may just be drifting back into the closed loop area, which would cause your readings. You can narrow the closed loop, or set the AFR of that entire area to one #, then calibrate to that number.

1stop

ill test. i have closed loop turned off. assumed it was off

1stop

i get same results. 13 afr for 10 sec,then 14.5 afr after. did some road tuning prior to putting on dyno & bike was cutting out like it was out of gas in that area after multiple sessions using (my tune software),  which usually works great. took backing plate off throttlebody & put pressure on it to see if idle would pick up, but didnt effect it any. its seems like a ecm thing, because its at holding for longer than 10 sec.

1stop

how can i post PV datalog with cvs extention? attachment wont allow cvs files

Coyote

It's .csv (cvs is a pharmacy).  :wink:

I added the .csv extension

1stop

here is a log with issue. 3500 rpm,20% throttle. notice afrs changing & injector pw staying the same. thanks coyote.

whittlebeast

August 22, 2020, 05:51:18 AM #10 Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 07:30:34 AM by whittlebeast
<Edited>  Operator error.  I have 6 Windows boxes,  I grabbed the wrong one......

This screen shot does not look correct.  Look at what happens as he pulls up thru the revs.

AW
Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

rigidthumper

Interesting- something in the background is causing this- nothing obvious in the data log- which base map are you using?

aharp

This feels to me like a mechanical issue
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to spend?

Sarhan

Check if piggyback tuner in the bike 

1stop

sorry for not posting sooner. a danm cobra narrowband tuner was on bike. all good now. cloosed loop was off also.

HV

HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT