April 20, 2024, 01:38:46 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Dyna Glide transmission.

Started by btalley, August 25, 2020, 10:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btalley

Hello All,
So I picked up a low mileage 96' dyna glide last year pretty cheap.  I've been going through some things this summer and finally got it back together.  I replaced the clutch cable and all trans fluids.  I had the primary cover off just to check the chain and tension. Everything looked good.  I've taken a few rides on the thing and when I roll up to a stop, it's almost like I can here something rolling in the primary.  Reminds me of when people used to put gravel in hub cabs to mess with people.

Any ideas what this could be or if it is normal?  Thanks for any info.

SP33DY

It could be a loose compensator bolt.

Hossamania

Could be a wheel bearing. Does it do it clutch in and/or clutch out? Does it do it only when rolling? Does it change with speed or engine rpm?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Sinker

I just had a rattling exhaust bracket fixed on a 97 Wide Glide

Dan89flstc

Will it make the noise if you put it into neutral and let the clutch lever out?
US Navy Veteran
A&P Mechanic

btalley

Thanks all.  It seems like its my front brakes.  It stops when ever I apply the front brake.  I really don't know how to fix that as both calipers are tight.  I would have thought if one of the pads were in there wrong, it would be making more noise.  Any ideas?

Thanks again.

jimbo304

Check front pads AND the brake rotor mounting bolts. Had a similar on my 95 Heritage. The front rotor was a "floating" type & the floaters between the rotor hub & disc had worn to where the whole thing was loose. Ya don't get that with a factory rigid disc setup, but I like the floating type for both performance & brake feel. Hope that helps some.

kd

The caliper bushing is about 5 bucks and used to be an in stock item (maybe still is) because it was a common issue with the late 90's touring  bikes.
KD