April 24, 2024, 12:23:38 PM

News:

Ebay CV carburators

Started by Dyna Jay, August 25, 2020, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fugawee

A little late for the party here.  But in My area, many Indy's have used OEM CV take off carbs.  If Swap-meets come around any time soon, I have also seen and bought used ones there as well.  Some Guys had milk crates full of them.  Good ones, complete, not junk.  I had a pin hole in the rubber on the vacuum slide.  HD dealer wanted about 40 bucks for the part...bought a whole carb for 10 bucks late in the day, as the Guy was getting ready to pack up and leave.

Hossamania

Those oem carbs are getting harder to find, and prices staying up.. I've still got one since I went to a 44, but it's not for sale.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

nibroc

:missed:

when they are getting ready to pack up and leave is the best time to offer money

................................................... :kick:

Hossamania

Quote from: nibroc on January 16, 2021, 05:25:31 AM
:missed:

when they are getting ready to pack up and leave is the best time to offer money

................................................... :kick:

Funny you say that, there is a guy that is at the Donnie Smith show every year, big booth in the swap meet, his stuff is priced like it's still in the original packaging at the dealership. I've tried a couple times to haggle with him, even late on the last day. No dice.
He goes home with a lot of stuff.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

thumper 823

A few people (web sites  ) have said the stock CV will support 100 HP.
In my experience, no one is going to get 100 HP with a stock cam or head work .
It takes a lot of effort and $$$$$$$$$ .
Next and to the point,- I have not ever seen a CV work with a larger cam albeit some have said they do.
I tried everything on my bike and it just would not idle .
I switched to HSR 42  instant fix.
Truly I would have rather kept the CV, I ended up with tons of them and parts  in a box under the bench somewhere.
D Troop 3/5, - C/16 ,162AHC, Mekong delta.
Rising from the Ashes  UHIH