April 17, 2024, 10:18:59 PM

News:

SE 5.3 Inj Fitment / Rekluse clutch

Started by sfmichael, August 31, 2020, 10:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfmichael

Getting ready to embark on build #3 on this bike (2013 Street Glide)  :dgust:

Ordering SE 5.3 injectors for a 110 CID build and SE catalog states these are for the "SE58mm throttle body or SE High Flow Oval Port intake".

Are they dimensionally different than the stock injectors? If not I would think no worries.

I'll buy the 58mm throttle body if needed but was hoping not to. If the injectors are bolt in, I'll use my current set up.

Also anyone tried the 'regular' Rekluse clutch in these? Not the clutchless(?) / automatic style, but their normal heavy duty set up.
Colorado Springs, CO.

C-Cat

I've got both in my Roadglide. SE 5 3 HPI 55mm. And Recluse clutch with SE spring. Works great, no clutch slip whatsoever.
124ci. 07 Streetbob 161/145
110ci. '11 Roadglide  129/127

Pirsch Fire Wagon

The Rekluse works well if set up correctly. Done many.
Tom

turboprop

Quote from: sfmichael on August 31, 2020, 10:35:21 AM
Getting ready to embark on build #3 on this bike (2013 Street Glide)  :dgust:

Ordering SE 5.3 injectors for a 110 CID build and SE catalog states these are for the "SE58mm throttle body or SE High Flow Oval Port intake".

Are they dimensionally different than the stock injectors? If not I would think no worries.

I'll buy the 58mm throttle body if needed but was hoping not to. If the injectors are bolt in, I'll use my current set up.

Also anyone tried the 'regular' Rekluse clutch in these? Not the clutchless(?) / automatic style, but their normal heavy duty set up.

I have a regular Rekluse clutch pack in one of my bikes with a TC124 putting out 158hp. The clutch is in a '98 and up style basket with a VPC-95 variable plate and a very light spring. My application is in a very light bike, that is raced competitively on the street. The Rekluse clutch pack is probably not the best choice for my application as it holds to much. Unlike the bagger touring crowd that flips out with any slip, my application requires a good deal of slip. I had to modify the lightest spring I could find.

That being said, if I had a little 110 in a heavy bagger and did not want any slip of any kind, then this would be an excellent choice. Not everyone wears the same style shoes. YMMV.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

tdrglide

Burnout

I wish that chart had a spring thickness measurement for a point of reference.
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

Ohio HD

I have some of them.

37871-04 - 0.071" Thick
37951-98 - 0.078" Thick
37882-06 - 0.064" Thick