March 29, 2024, 08:36:09 AM

News:

hog tune lower fairing install

Started by flht1550, September 01, 2020, 08:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flht1550

I have a buddy that's trying to install a set of hog tunes speakers in his lower glove boxes. The problem he's having is the speakers with grilles mount where the snaps for the old glove box covers installed. The y mount from the lower faring inside. So the lower fairing out cap needs to be removed so the lower itself can also be removed from crash bar. than the speaker gets mounted. the speaker grilles had studs mounted on backside so no hardware is visible from the outside. Then nuts are installed from the inside of the fairing securing the speaker. problem comes when trying to remount the lower back onto the crash bar because now you don't have access to the mounting nuts to secure the lower fairing outer cap. Come anyone tell me if they've experienced this and overcome this problem. Tried calling hog tunes but they are not taking phone calls dew to Covid. Not sure why that would prevent one from answering the phone.

Breeze

I can't answer your questions, but I remember when I got my HT setup, there were pretty good instructions on the website. Maybe under the Technical section? It's been a while.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

Coyote

He's not doing it right. The speaker trim rings are installed completely from the speaker side of the lower.  The only reason the front cap is removed is to drill a hole for the wire to come in.

flht1550

both replies are correct . Hogtunes has very informative instructions and videos on there web. site. Thanks