March 28, 2024, 02:41:36 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Anyone have experience with strapping fork down on a bagger/Road King

Started by BTraci, September 02, 2020, 06:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BTraci

Does the Brocks universal strap fit, and more importantly, does it make an impact on being able to launch harder/drop 60' times without excessive wheelie-ing?  Trying to work on getting 60' times down from high 1.7s/low 1.8s, and was hoping this would be a positive step.  Anyone have experience with this?  Thanks!

BTraci

Tried it last night, helped significantly with consistency on the 60', dropped 2 tenths overall, and almost completely solved front end lift.  Changed behavior when too aggressive on launch from wheeling to spinning the tire, but raised the threshold significantly.  Need more work to practice how to launch better with it, but a two-tenth improvement and much improved consistency for cheap is nice.  Worth experimenting with.  The Brocks strap fits with some Home Deport extended bolts and washers for the caliper mounting bolts

Ohio HD

fidel

2006FXDCI

Quote from: BTraci on September 25, 2020, 07:47:33 AM
Tried it last night, helped significantly with consistency on the 60', dropped 2 tenths overall, and almost completely solved front end lift.  Changed behavior when too aggressive on launch from wheeling to spinning the tire, but raised the threshold significantly.  Need more work to practice how to launch better with it, but a two-tenth improvement and much improved consistency for cheap is nice.  Worth experimenting with.  The Brocks strap fits with some Home Deport extended bolts and washers for the caliper mounting bolts
How much longer caliper bolts were needed to install ?
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

BTraci

I went 20mm over, spaced with washers, to clear the various different edges and surfaces that I didn't want to mill down on the forks and calipers--I think that's a little too long for ideal, and 15mm over would be better--Home Depot had the right pitch bolts in a wide range of lengths

2006FXDCI

Thanks for the info , can you post a pic of how its attached to your caliper bolts ?

BTraci

Here is how I did it--probably not the ideal or professional way, but it's been holding up well.  Used grade 8 bolt.

2006FXDCI