Loading music on usb for infotainment center

Started by Nebraskarider1, September 03, 2020, 03:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebraskarider1

When loading mp3 music on a usb stick it it best to just put the files on the drive or put them in folders? We did this for my buddys bike and did the folders but he said it just repeats the folder. I don't have one so I can't experiment until he comes back over, just looking for a little insight

Geezer_Glider

Instructions say root directory, no folders, no other data on thumb drive works best.
R Meyer

Nebraskarider1

Thank you, we'll give that a shot, we have 2420 songs so he shouldn't hear the same one for about 7000 miles

rigidthumper

How big of a memory stick do you need for 2500 songs?
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Nebraskarider1

Quote from: rigidthumper on September 04, 2020, 05:29:04 PM
How big of a memory stick do you need for 2500 songs?

10gb but he has a larger one so it's not even close to full. I have all the music on my computer we put on it, next time he comes over we'll wipe it clean and pull all the music out of the folders and reload it

Rockout Rocker Products

You can organize the songs into "playlists"  but it's a fairly involved process, not just putting them in folders.

It's all explained in the 800 page Infotainment  guide  :banghead:

www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Nebraskarider1

Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on September 04, 2020, 06:48:20 PM
You can organize the songs into "playlists"  but it's a fairly involved process, not just putting them in folders.

It's all explained in the 800 page Infotainment  guide  :banghead:

I wondered about because of the buttons for "artist, album, genre"  I'm sure all the individual song titles have to be in a specific format which would probably mean re-titling have of his 2400 picks, yeah thats not happening. :emoGroan:

travelingypsye

Are you talking about a boom HU or sony? If boom, no folders just root. If it is a sony, you will have to put them in files of 250 or less. The sony only reads 250 total whether it is root or in a file.

Rockout Rocker Products

www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Nebraskarider1

Quote from: travelingypsye on September 05, 2020, 05:48:49 AM
Are you talking about a boom HU or sony? If boom, no folders just root. If it is a sony, you will have to put them in files of 250 or less. The sony only reads 250 total whether it is root or in a file.

Whatever is stock on his 2014 Limited, why I said "infotainment center" I see mention of "Boom box" when I did some searching, is that an upgrade to the stock setup?
Learning curve to me as far as playlists go,  my bikes are 2011 and 2009, I just dragged and dropped mp3s on a disc and they worked.

He said it has a stage one amp and speakers, but I don't think that has anything to do with the usb part,

Nebraskarider1

September 05, 2020, 11:38:17 AM #10 Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 12:31:57 PM by Nebraskarider1
Quote from: Rockout Rocker Products on September 05, 2020, 10:41:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_lbPVcByN0  :up:

Thanks, I'll watch that

Update I watched it, it looks like you can use folders after all and playlists read out of the folders, pretty informative. If I had a bike with the same system it'd be a lot easier to do the trial and error method but when I upgrade bikes I'll be in the know now. :up:

calif phil

If you have good taste in music, I will have to get you to put some on a USB drive for me. 

Nebraskarider1

Quote from: calif phil on September 06, 2020, 11:38:43 AM
If you have good taste in music, I will have to get you to put some on a USB drive for me.

I can do that!!! Hey, you got a coil for a bagger? Friend is helping a guy headed your way, e-mail or call me, 402-984-9970

IndyHarley

I'm late to the discussion but you just need to drag the songs to the USB. Do not import or export just drag and drop. If you want to know special stuff about the individual song check 'properties' on the song file and enter what you want on that property page and it'll flash on the screen when it's played.
Member since 1865
Founder of IN PGR - Legion Post #186 Commander

tolobill

hello, 2020 ultra limited, have 128gb stick, downloaded 479 songs stick says 479, put in bike says 429 songs, also when half way there goes back to the first song, does the stick have to be formatted.

tolobill

ok, formatted stick plays to the end, still original question, why does bike only recognize 429 of the 479 songs.