M8 2020 oil sumping,oil level goes up and down .electra glide ultra limited twin

Started by Manuel, September 05, 2020, 10:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manuel

Hello, my name is manny, has any else have problems with oil level fluctuating by 2 quarts. I'm very consistent on my checkings. I always check hot and always get different reading,sometimes 2 quarts low and sometimes 1/2 over and I haven't added any oil. Had my 1 k service and now I have 1500 now . And within 500 miles sense my service I check my oil and it shows almost 2 quarts low so I take it to dealer,and they do a 2 minute idle warm up and it's still low .and keep in mind I drove it 12 miles to dealer so in my mind its plenty warm. The tech said he is going to drive it to get it warm. He comes back we check and it at max level. Where does it go and how does it come back? I'm thinking oil pump loosing prime or oil cavitating .somewhere.i seen that term on a forum about oil level issues. Can any one help and point me in the right direction, the dealer said they don't think there is a problem  and just ride it. But in my mind if I check oil hot and it says 2 quarts low I'm afraid to take on a trip.

Manuel

Are some more pictures to show it going up and down and right in the middle,sometimes bubbles sometimes no bubbles weird!!!!!!!

Manuel

So I'm thinking oil pump is loosing prime or maybe failing,or oil is transferring ,if some can help out here cause dealer don't think there's a problem, it would be greatly appreciated if someone knows anything and help me please, thank you!

Ohio HD

Your motor is sumping, and then the oil pump is recovering the oil when it can. Read in this forum, lots of information about M8 motors sumping. The dealer isn't going to do anything about it until it sumps the crankcase full, and then won't recover the oil. Or the motor fails due to the same. 

Manuel

Thanks for the reply ,what should I do to fix it? Get a after market oil pump or a new hd pump. Fueling has a vented dip stick that they mention it might have too much crank case pressure, the vented oil dip stick sounds like it might work but I don't know what to do.

Ohio HD

Read the M8 threads on sumping. There are several posts on success and failures.

scotman623

Your bike is a 2020 correct?? You have the latest and Greatest oil pump H-D makes.... Very interesting hearing of sumping on the new oil pump... Keep us updated..
Always look forward...

topcat3815

I was going to buy a new 2020 street glide till I read this, not now

Dan89flstc

Quote from: topcat3815 on September 06, 2020, 02:24:42 PM

Yeah, some guy who we have never heard from before joined the forum and told us his bike sumps.

You don`t even know if he is checking the oil properly, or if the post is legit to begin with.

If a post about an issue with a bike is reason to not buy it, then forget about buying a motorcycle of any model...

I am very suspicious of new posters jumping on to a forum to tell a story about a problem...

US Navy Veteran
A&P Mechanic

Hossamania

Correct. If you want one, get it. Some bikes have problems. Most do not.
According to what I read here, my '12 should have eaten the crank, destroyed my compensator, chewed through its tensioner pads, and be on its third set of wheel bearings.
So far, all good.
I would not hesitate to buy a new one if I really wanted one.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Manuel

Yes my bike is a 2020,yeah it should have the newest pump,hopefully it's not failing, I work for a diesel repair shop and I've seen brand new parts fail, and yeah I'll keep you up dated, someone said don't idle m8 motors on jiffy stand cause oil pump pick up  ports are on the right side of oil pan and will cause it to sump and get a false reading. I'm going to start doing my warm with the bike straight up and see how the work, kinda makes sense cause I've been doing my warm on jiffy stand,

Manuel

Here's my bike at the dealer,the Harley technician checking my bike after a 2 min. Idle warm up and it low,then he said let him ride it,he comes back and I take pictures of him checking and now it over filled. He said he never seen a touring bike fluctuate that much,its usually the softails that fluxuate like that ,he told me just to keep an eye on it. So I'm glad it happened to him as well , but what's crazy is he couldn't give a reason for this happening...

Manuel

This bike is to good looking to give up on,I want to ride with no worries of breaking down on a road trip

sandrooney

Patience is such a waste of time .

rigidthumper

Quote from: Manuel on September 06, 2020, 07:07:28 PM
Here's my bike at the dealer,the Harley technician checking my bike after a 2 min. Idle warm up and it low,then he said let him ride it,he comes back and I take pictures of him checking and now it over filled. He said he never seen a touring bike fluctuate that much,its usually the softails that fluxuate like that ,he told me just to keep an eye on it. So I'm glad it happened to him as well , but what's crazy is he couldn't give a reason for this happening...
Have the dealer write a repair order, stating your concern, noting the tech who looked at it, and ask them to call HD Tech Services to log an event/ask advice. That way you have a reference number, and records, so if anything happens, you're covered. They may also provide additional trouble shooting steps for your dealer to verify/correct any issues.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

lucasg

That's a beautiful bike Manny.   It sucks that some 2020 models are still experiencing these slumping problems.  I hope they get it sorted out for ya.  Just make sure you document every visit to the dealer, and don't let them jerk you around....use the warranty ! 

Manuel

Yeah thanks,its hard to get them to understand what's going on, they say they don't think anything's wrong, but  in my mind if you get false readings on oil level ,there is something wrong , I've been documenting the oil level and the fluctuation and I'm going to call hd and let them know what's been happening and get a reference number and then take it to the dealer,and see what happens then.thanks everyone for the replying...

Manuel

One more thing,  can anyone recommend a good harley dealer in so cal ?

JW113

Every HD dealership mechanic should have a patch on the front of their work shirt that says: "Don't worry, they all do that". And on the back, a bigger patch that says: "Gee, that's the first time we've seen that".

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

Manuel

HV

Simple test .............when you find the oil level low..............remove the crank position sensor ( on the bottom of the engine case ) measure the amount of oil that comes out....more then 6 OZ its sumped....and needs to have things checked..... ( Your Dealer should have a list of what to check )
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Manuel

Thanks for the reply HV, I went to the dealer yesterday and try to get them to fix my bike and they said I have to pay for the diagnostic, I said it's under warranty,  they said warranty only covers if something is wrong...I said my oil is sumping and said how do I know that...I said the oil level is good at times and after a 50 mile ride that I go on its 2 qts.low ,  I was there we check the oil level and it was 2 qts low.. he said want me to add some I said no cause when it comes back it will be over full and go into my breather.  He said that I have to pay for diagnostic I got so pissed I cursed at him and said I want my f...en bike fixed he said if I curse again he wont fix my bike, a lady came in and ask what's wrong  I told her he said I have to pay to have my bike looked at under  warranty, so he took my info and said I could take the bike home till he gets a response from Harley Davidson. I'm sooooo frustrated with this.  And the sale department said they will by back the bike and put me in another new bike for 10,000 more and the odds of the other one having problems are slim.

kd

Go back to the dealer, park in front of the main door and check the level.  If it's down 2 quarts again, loosen off the  CPS and go get the service manager. In his presence remove the plug and video the 2 quarts of oil running across their lot. That and the video should wake them up. If not, it would sure make me feel good and I would have a record of the issue and response.
KD

Reddog74usa

And this is exactly why I will never buy another new bike from h-d. If it were me I'd take it out and ride the snot out of it till it blows up, then let em say nothing's wrong with it. I used to buy my oil filters from them and now they won't even get that. THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS and is a big reason there not doing so well.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Ohio HD

Quote from: Manuel on September 08, 2020, 06:44:13 AM
Thanks for the reply HV, I went to the dealer yesterday and try to get them to fix my bike and they said I have to pay for the diagnostic, I said it's under warranty,  they said warranty only covers if something is wrong...I said my oil is sumping and said how do I know that...I said the oil level is good at times and after a 50 mile ride that I go on its 2 qts.low ,  I was there we check the oil level and it was 2 qts low.. he said want me to add some I said no cause when it comes back it will be over full and go into my breather.  He said that I have to pay for diagnostic I got so pissed I cursed at him and said I want my f...en bike fixed he said if I curse again he wont fix my bike, a lady came in and ask what's wrong  I told her he said I have to pay to have my bike looked at under  warranty, so he took my info and said I could take the bike home till he gets a response from Harley Davidson. I'm sooooo frustrated with this.  And the sale department said they will by back the bike and put me in another new bike for 10,000 more and the odds of the other one having problems are slim.

Round one:
Dealer = 1
Manuel = 0

Loosing control is the last thing that will help you. Being insistent and calm will get you on top of the situation.

Call:

Harley-Davidson customer care representative please call 800-258-2464 or 414-343-4056.

Representatives are available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Central Daylight Time (CDT).

r0de_runr

I don't understand the "you have to pay for diagnostics."  If I have a problem, I take my bike in, they write up a work order, and call me with the results.  Under warranty and ESP, the same thing.  Only difference is under ESP I had to pay the $50 deductible.

So if they find the problem and fix it or at least work in or, do you still have to pay the deductible?

I do not know if their service dept is any good, but Pamona Valley HD is the HD Dealer that is at the start of the Run For The Wall event every May.  May be worth going over there:  https://pvhd.com/
Teach your son to ride, shoot and always speak the truth.

Manuel

rigidthumper

PoorUB

I agree, don't start swearing and threatening, just keep after him that something is wrong, and you want it fixed.

Like the one post said, run it to the dealer and see if it is a couple quarts low on oil, then pull the CPS, I would probably tell the service manager to get an oil pan and drop the oil in from of him. Probably not a good idea to drop the oil on the driveway, besides I would want to measure how much came out. Any more than a few ounces, something is wrong.

Is there another dealer in the area? You might try there and let them know you are not impressed with the service you are getting from the first dealer. Funny how a second dealer will often "step up" and handle your problem in hope of getting your money when you buy your next Harley.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

kd

:agree:  There will be a need to measure the excess.  I guess I threw in the "drain it on the ground" part because I felt Manuel's pain.  His tech noticed something and it should have been taken serious.   :wtf:
KD

Manuel

We'll  I went back to Los Angeles Harley to day and talk to them about my bike they took my reference number yesterday and said they will call hd motor company and see what they want to do about. Well I went in and talk to them and they said hd motor co. Told them to tell me to drive that there's nothing wrong with the bike... so I called hd motor company to confirm it and they said that's no true they told them to take bike and follow procedures, the dealer lied to me.. so I told the hd motor company I'm going to take my bike to Huntington beach hd. They that's fine and to give them the reference number.  So I took today and they where 110% better then the other dealers. I gave them all my notes on the oil level fluxuateing and pictures.  And the level was 2 qts. Low when I got there and they seen it. And I told they if you drive and take rpm to 4  and go tru gears and keep rpm up the level comes back..

Manuel

Well my bike is staying the night a the dealer,  this is the 3rd dealer.. let see if they can get it fixed... if not I don't know what to do.. maybe sell it and by something else.... I did notice today the bike did start asking up in traffic like if the oil pump starts asking up when it gets hot then it starts to sump the oil and the bike runs like crap. Then get on highway to cool down the motor and it ran better... the bike runs like crap when if traffic. I did notice the bike has no oil cooler but it does have radiator for coolant. The bike acts like the oil is getting to hot and causing the oil pump to loose prime then sump the oil... I bet if this bike had a oil cooler as well it would be fine... just a thought.  I've been around mule car my whole life and work at a diesel repair shop
.. but this is my first Harley and it's been all bad.

PoorUB

The  oil doesn't get hot first, the oil gets hot because of the engine struggling to run with 2 quarts of oil in the crankcase, then heats up the oil.

You are pretty new here, but if you start reading M8 threads from the beginning you will see what most here know and HD knows too. This has been an issue wit the M8 since the engine came out in 2019. What you are dealing with is no mystery. It has happened to many M8 engines. The interesting part is HD is on, how many? The 6th-7th-8th oil pump revision and three years of production and it still happens.

I find it madding that the other dealer just blew you off when he certainly knows that there is an issue with the M8 engine sumping. He just didn't want to help, probably tired of dealing with it.

You also missed the M8 oil transfer from the transmission to the primary fiasco.

Manuel

I'm thinking getting this bike was a big mistake... sounds like I'm another ginnie pig.

PoorUB

That is why I am riding a 2016 Limited.

Really, the M8 has had it's problems, but it has been on a low percentage of bikes, you just got stuck with one. I will bet the dealer will sort it out and everything will be fine. It does suck to buy a $20K-$30K motorcycle that has problems.

sandrooney

It's a machine all of them will eventually break, but it does suck to have it happen on a new one.
Patience is such a waste of time .

JW113

HD is all about nostalgia and heritage. Must be trying to recapture the AMF days.

:hyst:

Manuel, I get it that this is a new bike, under warranty, and you want HD to take care of their quality problems. But what you are experiencing is precisely why I would never take a bike to an HD dealership for repair, warranty or no. Unless the thing just blew up and was going to cost me lots of money to fix. It sounds like you know how to turn wrenches. The information is available about this issue, perhaps time to start reading up and maybe fix it yourself?  Go take a look in the Instruction Sheets, Bulletins, & Recalls section, and search on M1450. Yes, HD knows all about this, and look how many revisions have been made to the document. 

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

Reddog74usa

Who wants to do all that wrenchin when you spent good money for a new bike. Hey, they said it's ok and to just ride it so ride the snot out of it till it blows up and get it fixed on their dime. You tried to do it on the up n up and save them money so no guilt in doin it this way....
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Manuel

I know right! I got it to ride not to work on. Let see what Huntington beach hd can do, I talked to a custom motor builder here close to me .... he said put a vented oil dip stick with breather and a good oil pump.  Hd oil pumps are junk. I fill I'm getting some where now.. finally got a dealer that know something..

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Ohio HD

Quote from: Manuel on September 09, 2020, 03:52:31 PM
I know right! I got it to ride not to work on. Let see what Huntington beach hd can do, I talked to a custom motor builder here close to me .... he said put a vented oil dip stick with breather and a good oil pump.  Hd oil pumps are junk. I fill I'm getting some where now.. finally got a dealer that know something..

If I were you, I'd stay away from the custom guy. He wants to sell you parts and labor, and is happy to void your warranty. Doesn't sound like that's what you really want is it? I mean you're squeezing the dealer and didn't think you should pay for the bike to be looked at. Let this dealer and HD exhaust all possibilities before shelling out money that may not help one bit.

Manuel

Your right Ohio hd ,I'm going be patient.. it will work out. If Huntington beach hd cant fix it ,the  first dealer where I got it from they said bring it them. They will make it right.. ever stay away from Los Angeles Harley Davidson  that's the 2nd place I went to only cause that was the closest and open on sunday... they are the ones that got me upset and feeding me all the bs.. one more thing thanks to everyone for the knowledge and advice .I'll keep posting with updates. Hopefully I'll be riding soon...lol

Rockout Rocker Products

I thought the dealer giving you all the grief WAS the dealer you bought it from.  :idunno:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Manuel

No the dealer that I got it from is closed on sundays and mondays, so I would go the los Angeles Harley cause the are open sunday and I ride on weekends and Sunday is when I would be seeking help.

Manuel

The dealer that I got it from ...the service writer did do a couple thing wrong and the tech did let me drive off with issues. Also.but I talked to the salesman that I got he from and told him the whole story today and said sorry about everything and he will make everything right.he talk to another service writer and they will work together to get my problem fix if Huntington beach cant fix it. So that's my back up plan

Manuel

UPDATE ON MY BIKE.. Huntington Beach Harley Davidson did the proper procedure and found out that my bike is oil sumping. They warmed it up and pulled the cps and found a little over 1.5 qts hiding in there. Just you guys on here where saying... so now the will get Harley motor company involved for warranty work on a new oil pump... finally a dealer that has techs that do things right ... a big thumbs up to Huntington beach Harley Davidson .....

Manuel

The tech said 6 oz.. is max in the crankcase. Just like everyone on here was telling.. I was just try to find a dealership to do the work. I bought the bike to ride not work on....that's everyone for all the knowledge and support.... wounded if I should do the stage 2 up grade? Anyones thought on that?

rigidthumper

No.   Get it right, enjoy for a season to make sure it's going to be ok.   

Ohio HD

Manuel

Wow I was thinking the same thing. Cause that will void my warranty. And if there is a problem still then I have to pay out of pocket.  Yeah I'm going to hold up on that need to make sure it's all good.

No Cents

it might have a piston jet leaking causing your issues...it's just a guess though.   :nix:
It is a known problem that can cause sumping in the M8.
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

kd

Quote from: No Cents on September 11, 2020, 05:53:07 AM
   it might have a piston jet leaking causing your issues...it's just a guess though.   :nix:
It is a known problem that can cause sumping in the M8.

:agree:  Pretty decent odds on that too.
KD

jamminhd2000

Compression test / leak down test....bad piston ring seal is not uncommon as well in these bikes...pinched oil pump sub seal oring....jimmy

Manuel

Thanks Jimmy, hopefully no damage to engine. The bike is waiting for new oil pump they ordered it... once I hear something I will update everyone.. thanks everyone...

Manuel

Wow I just watched a video on piston cooling jets ..they can cause oil sumping. Wonder if that's true.? Makes sense cause when that kicks  in during a traffic light  then start to ride shortly after it looses power and that's when I check oil at its really low.. any comments on that,,, thanks in advance everyone please respond.

No Cents

Quote from: Manuel on September 13, 2020, 04:47:40 PM
Wow I just watched a video on piston cooling jets ..they can cause oil sumping. Wonder if that's true.? Makes sense cause when that kicks  in during a traffic light  then start to ride shortly after it looses power and that's when I check oil at its really low.. any comments on that,,, thanks in advance everyone please respond.

yes it's true.  :wink:
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Pete_Vit

Quote from: JW113 on September 07, 2020, 11:06:31 AM
Every HD dealership mechanic should have a patch on the front of their work shirt that says: "Don't worry, they all do that". And on the back, a bigger patch that says: "Gee, that's the first time we've seen that".

-JW
:up:  :hyst: :hyst:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

Manuel

Hossamania

Manuel

Yeah laidlaw HD was some help it's just there so busy it's hard to get on the waiting list in service. Huntington beach Harley Davidson has just as good techs and there open 7 days a week and are very helpful as well... just I got nowhere at l.A. Harley I don't know why they didn't help in the service department... thanks again

Wood

Wood

Manuel

It's still there.they said it was going to get worked on 9/22 .so I went there yesterday to get a update ,they fell behind on work and wasn't able to get to my bike. Its understandable. They said they will get to it today.

HV

Skype HV.HTT

Manuel

HV

Skype HV.HTT

Manuel

GOOD NEWS !!! Huntington beach Harley found the problem damaged o ring .finally
Getting somewhere. A dealer that is helping. All my business is going to them.

PoorUB

Buglet

I like to know how many O ring got pinch during assembly on both TC's and M8's. I done a few that the dealer gave customers a hard time even it was still under warranty. One even was done by a dealer under warranty and they told the customer it was ok, and it ended up with them pinching to O ring again by them during assembly. You would think they might can up with a better system or seal so it doesn't happen.

kd

:up:  Good news.  Thanks for sharing. I think I would move over to the other dealer too. Even if it was further away.  I would also (respectfully) show the 1st dealer your pics so they don't revert to the "they all do that" syndrome just because it is a challenge to trouble shoot.  You won't have to tell them that they lost your business. They'll figure that out when you don't show up any more.  Besides, you may need to stop by some day for parts that the new dealer doesn't have.   
KD

04rkryder

Glad you got it fixed.
Good to know that good dealerships still exist. Way too many use "they all do it" mantras out there.

Manuel

Thanks every one for all the advice and suggestions. And the support.and I hope I'm able to help some one to avoid all the headaches I went through by posting the cause.. we are all getting bikes to ride and the sooner it gets fixed the more we can ride.once again thanks everyone and I will keep you all posted on the 2020 114 twin cooled .once I take a good road trip I'll let you know how the ultra limited edition  did.im sure it will be a comfortable ride.

Manuel

Ok everyone I got my bike back and it never ran this good,, it has power...twist the throttle and it moves.i guess it's been oil sumping from day one cause it never ran this good . It runs great now whether its cruising or wide open throttle. It moves pretty good for weighing 900 pounds, I'm very happy with this bike now.a special thanks to everyone that that listen to all my headaches and help guide me in the right path and to Huntington beach Harley..and i didn't forget you HV thank you for your knowledge and wisdom...now it time to ride..I hope all this will help someone out there ,thanks again.
              Manny

Nastytls

I'm glad you've fixed your ride and also found a dealer that actually wants to help their customers by actually doing their job. It's such a simple concept, but it's completely foreign to most HD dealers that would rather just tell you "they all do that" and send you on your way. That's why I won't go anywhere other than my dealer for anything at all.

Hossamania

Quote from: topcat3815 on September 06, 2020, 02:24:42 PM

How about now, knowing it was a simple o-ring issue?

Manuel

Got a update for everyone, I rode my bike today. I put 150 miles today ,it consisted of freeway, canyon road, city streets with heavy traffic and the bike had power all day ,it never lost power not even once. before after 30 minutes of driving it would start to loose power .but not today ,it ran awesome the entire time. And I'm pretty comfortable believing there is no engine damage from sumping issues.. so to hosse I would go buy that 2020  Harley.. and I did buy a new oil dipstick the one with LCD temperature and oil level reading.and oil temp reading stayed around 200 ..that unit is awesome. Thanks everyone
                 Manny

Hossamania

Glad to hear it's working for you, and you finally get to enjoy your new bike!

pauly

HI Manuel,

I'm all the way over in Australia, and smiled when I heard your bike is fixed! Glad you got it sorted, and the HTT members helped with good advice.
Thanks
Pauly

Quote from: Manuel on September 26, 2020, 08:45:53 PM
Got a update for everyone, I rode my bike today. I put 150 miles today ,it consisted of freeway, canyon road, city streets with heavy traffic and the bike had power all day ,it never lost power not even once. before after 30 minutes of driving it would start to loose power .but not today ,it ran awesome the entire time. And I'm pretty comfortable believing there is no engine damage from sumping issues.. so to hosse I would go buy that 2020  Harley.. and I did buy a new oil dipstick the one with LCD temperature and oil level reading.and oil temp reading stayed around 200 ..that unit is awesome. Thanks everyone
                 Manny

mstrobes

Manuel, just read your story, glad your issue was solved. I moved from So Cal last year and yes Huntingtin Beach HD is a great dealer. when ever I had a issue they would look at it under warranty no questions asked. And I didn't like the attitude of the service department at LA HD.

Appowner

The vast majority of vehicles today are darn good products that should last you for many years.  That's why when I shop for a new vehicle I shop for the mechanic first.  Because a poor mechanic will screw up a vehicle faster than anything.  Especially with all the electronics and such on them today.  But a good one will ensure you enjoy that vehicle for many years to come. 

And it amazes me how many people today still wait for the oil light to come on before they bother to have it looked at.

"How could it be out of oil?  There's a huge puddle of it on the garage floor where it was parked."

Manuel

Thanks pauly ,yeah it made me smile too . And mstrobes yeah Huntington beach Harley is great. And just to let everyone know..  bike is running great. I'm at 2,500 miles now .I put 700 miles since they fixed the oring on the oil pump and hope it stays that way. Once again thanks everyone
                     Manny

Helmwurst

I know it can be a PITA sometimes, but glad all is well ! I have a 17 RG Special it was sumping off and on, a lot of the early M8's did. I did the upright idle which helped, and then later tore into the cam chest and replaced the oil pump, cam, cam plate, lifters and upper end rocker arm bolts.

It sounds like your oil pump is failing you. Kind of unusual for 2020 models, but maybe you do not have the latest version. Budda knows the MOCO has had nothing but problems with oil pumps on the M8. When the oil stick shows to be two quarts low the oil pools up in the sump (which is supposed to be dry). This happens when the oil pump can not keep up. There is a plug on the bottom of the engine that your dealer can pull out and see how much oil in in the sump (when it shows to be low on the dipstick). One or two ounces is acceptable, more than that and you have troubles.

David H

I have 2017 M8 107. I run 1/2qt low on oil and I get no sumping and oil level stay the same.  It did go up and down 1/2qt when it is full. I Love the bike. 

Manuel

Hello everyone, I am here to give a update on the oil level fluxuateing, bike has been running great ,no issues with oil level after they have replaced broken o-ring on oil pump. No more problems with oil level fluxuateing, and has power when needed.  Very happy with the bike now. So the problem was a a torn o-ring, hope this helps  someone,,,, I did post pictures if you need to see, look on earlier post,thanks everyone

FSG

QuoteI did post pictures if you need to see, look on earlier post,thanks everyone

there it bee

Appowner

Hmmm!  Looks almost like it was cut.

But I m totally unfamiliar with the M8.  So don't take my word for it.

les

Quote from: FSG on March 22, 2021, 10:40:45 PM
QuoteI did post pictures if you need to see, look on earlier post,thanks everyone

there it bee

If that's the scavenge o-ring, then it looks like it was put into the hole rather than on the oil pump tube during installation.

Wookie3011