codes p0134 nd p0154 on a 13 Road glide with o2 eliminators installed

Started by 1workinman, September 06, 2020, 08:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1workinman

Took the 13 Road Glide out for a spin today as its finally cooling off a tad and I wanted to just go for a ride . The 143 had not given any trouble as that really is really nice for a change . Ridding out on the free way and I noticed a red light appear and I gave the gauges a quick glance and no problems there . It was running flawless as usual . The light came on and off as if it was a short or a loose connection. . Stopped a ways up the road and ran the codes   p0134 and p0154. Bike started up good and ran as if it was not a problem.  I gave the bike to just be sure and this bike does not use o2 sensors . Got home and pulled the side panel and checked the end of the circuit and cleaned them with contact cleaner . Checked the I assume resistors and they are very close as far a heater and o2 circuits between front and rear . When I first started checking I assumed a bad connection or even a broken wire but on both circuits. The rpm and how smooth the road was seemed to influence the flickering of the trouble light coming off and on .  Any one seen this before thanks 

kd

Jim, have you had the battery out recently?  Is it possible the ECM plug is loose and the road vibration you describe causes an intermittent connection?
KD

1workinman

Not lately but it's possible . I dont drive it much . Been to hot and i worked a lot of overtime . The light comes on and off with vibrations like rpm . The engine does not change as far as running  smooth
Its i think just from the ecm not seeing the o2 eliminators.  Just a plug with 2 differant resistors and heat srink
I watched Paul Danner . Scanner Danner on u tube test a bike for o2 problems . He is a really smart guy.  As always I appreciate the help.thanks kd

1workinman

Ok i chatted with several folks and i going to install a couple of o2 sensors and see what that does . I try to understand why this is happening now  after being tuned  for a year with the o2 eliminators.  The only thing I done is install a battery tender on it for a lithium ion battery
I dont see how that have any effect on this . Stll seems to me like a bad connection.  Well see

No Cents

I'd call Steve and ask him why it's spitting out those codes with you running 02 eliminators.
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

1workinman

Thanks Ray not sure who installed the eliminators on there . Yea i talked to Steve and he told me he ran into this before so i ordered a couple of sensors to install in circuit.  Will see mptor runs good . Not sure why now this is happening but i am installing the sensors now

1workinman

Removed o2 eliminators installed o2 sensors trouble is gone . Problem solved .