April 19, 2024, 09:15:08 PM

News:

Optimal fork upgrade for Switchback

Started by rauchman, September 10, 2020, 11:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rauchman

Greetings,

I'm on a 2013 Switchback.  Love the bike, but would like to improve the fork.  I have already added Racetech straight rate springs and their Gold Valve and Emulator.  Due to the forks design (one side has a damper rod, the other has a primitive cartridge...I believe it's the same fork from the same year Softail Slim), it requires a full tear down to futz with settings.  Unlike other Dyna's of the era, there are no preload fork caps that I know of.

I'm looking for something that allows at least preload and damping (preferably compression and rebound) adjustability, and if possible, lengthening the travel in the fork, and of course, a great ride.

if it matters, I have Hagon Nitro 13" shocks in the rear.

twincamzz

Check out traxxion motorcycle suspension.  They offer a cartridge fork for BOTH sides that has external adjustment.
not all who wander are lost...

ThumperDeuce

https://traxxion.com/harley-davidson/

I have them in my Deuce.  Kind of pricey.  I had to send my forks in to have some machining done for them to fit.  No regrets.
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

rauchman

Excellent....thank you.  I understand, that is the top tier option, also at $1,200.  Wondering if anyone has experience with the Andreani kit?