May 02, 2024, 11:01:09 PM

News:

2018 Street Glide shocks on 2006 Road Glide

Started by Alexintenn, February 24, 2020, 01:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexintenn

I have lowering blocks on my 2006 Road Glide and those are not the ideal way to lower the suspension.  I've learned that Street Glide shocks are one inch shorter than mine. 

Harley changed the frames in 2009.  The Street Glide shocks also have a manual adjustment knob that the older shocks don't have.

My question :  Will a pair of 2018 Street Glide Shocks fit on my 2006 Road Glide?

PoorUB

I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

hogmandon

please let us know how this works out. I have an 06 RG that I have tried 4 different shocks on and nothing works really good

Alexintenn

I am hoping that these will be good.  They are still a stock shock but they are 2 generations newer and I have found a pair with 50 miles on them for $120.  I am going to do the front forks too do it may be a few weeks before time and weather let me do much of a test ride

rhuff

Quote from: hogmandon on February 24, 2020, 02:52:51 PM
please let us know how this works out. I have an 06 RG that I have tried 4 different shocks on and nothing works really good

Because most of the problem with pre 2009 bikes is in the frame and the forks.  Bagger Brace and CCE trees is the fix generally. 

omega1

Quote from: Alexintenn on February 24, 2020, 01:36:29 PM
I have lowering blocks on my 2006 Road Glide and those are not the ideal way to lower the suspension.  I've learned that Street Glide shocks are one inch shorter than mine. 

Harley changed the frames in 2009.  The Street Glide shocks also have a manual adjustment knob that the older shocks don't have.

My question :  Will a pair of 2018 Street Glide Shocks fit on my 2006 Road Glide?

The hand adjustable shocks are different left to right and designed to be mounted on 2009 and later touring bikes. The swing arm and frame is specifically designed for this purpose. Putting these shocks on 2008 and prior bikes is not permitted - go to the HD parts catalogue to see what bikes these shocks are for.
Get reduced travel air shocks from 2008 and prior for your 2006 bike.

Alexintenn

The shocks worked great !
A few thousand miles riding on them now and I'm totally pleased with them
Lowered the bike one inch and gave a little firmer ride
I combined this with the Progressive lowering kit for the front that uses a straight weight spring and I am very happy with my suspension now