March 28, 2024, 07:23:37 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2 into 1 GoTo Pipe

Started by Don D, September 10, 2020, 05:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cvosjoe

Quote from: HD Street Performance on September 10, 2020, 05:20:43 PM
What are yo guys seeing as a pipe which can carry beyond 150hp and still maintain a decent torque curve, assuming the rest of the parts can go there at 126"
Don,
I used the Billet Cat with the Vortex Baffle on my 126" making 160HP. It has a great torgue curve.

Don D

We have a bike here locally that Jimmy built, 126" with head work, and it had a Bassani Road Rage. It had reversion bad in the midrange, big dip. Swapped to the Billet Cat Vortex  (louvered) baffle and reversion is gone, torque curve high and flat as Kansas, much lower VEs. Now to the air filter. He has one of those little right angle air filters, it needs to go. Thinking about the SE Heavy Breather Extreme. It has the SE 84 throttle body.

Cvosjoe

Quote from: HD Street Performance on September 18, 2020, 06:27:30 PM
We have a bike here locally that Jimmy built, 126" with head work, and it had a Bassani Road Rage. It had reversion bad in the midrange, big dip. Swapped to the Billet Cat Vortex  (louvered) baffle and reversion is gone, torque curve high and flat as Kansas, much lower VEs. Now to the air filter. He has one of those little right angle air filters, it needs to go. Thinking about the SE Heavy Breather Extreme. It has the SE 84 throttle body.
I have heard that the CVO style Heavy Breather can hardly flow enough air for a 117 let alone a well built 126. Heavy Breather Extreme would be a great choice.

FLSTFIDave

Don,

I'm running the heavy breather extreme on mine.  It actually gives more leg room than the factory right angle heavy breather on the CVO, a nice bonus.  I'm at 163 hp and 167 torque.  The factory heavy breather on the M8 does not flow enough.
2023 CVO Road Glide Whiskey Neat
2021 Pan America Special, Gray,  2003 Fatboy

WhipLash96

So what is the "Go To" pipe? I am thinking about buying an M8 and doing a 131" and at first thought I was thinking of the Thunderheader. I looked at the Burns pipe but they are butt ugly...
Thanks,
Whip

Hossamania

November 01, 2020, 07:06:38 AM #30 Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 07:17:53 AM by Hossamania
A friend is running a 124", dyno'd nice with 135 hp, 151 tq, running an FM Road and Track 2/1, darn impressive, but was told it would be even better if he used the D&D Billet cat. This came from both the tuner and Wes at CycleRama, so seems pretty reliable info.
He's pretty happy with the set up he has for now, can barely keep the front tire down coming hard out of corners.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

SB107

Quote from: jrhd_1775 on September 14, 2020, 08:59:59 AM
My tuner had several of these made for him by Brian Truesdale.  I believe No Cents used part of the design.  There is a sheet from Mike King posted that shows the results.   

C&S Speed shop? I just spoke with Brian about a baffle. Such a nice guy, I will probably go that route.
Mutant Motors 124"
161/148 STD, 158/145 SAE

hattitude

Quote from: Hossamania on November 01, 2020, 07:06:38 AM
A friend is running a 124", dyno'd nice with 135 hp, 151 tq, running an FM Road and Track 2/1, darn impressive, but was told it would be even better if he used the D&D Billet cat. This came from both the tuner and Wes at CycleRama, so seems pretty reliable info.
He's pretty happy with the set up he has for now, can barely keep the front tire down coming hard out of corners.

I have the same engine/exhaust combo and the same results... 134.74HP @5800rpm and 151.20 TQ @3790 rpm...

FuelMoto originally suggested I use a different pipe, but since I had recently purchased the FM R&T 2-1, they decided to try tuning with it first, and got better than anticipated results...

They're current Jackpot RTX 2-1 is a freer flowing exhaust than the R&T and the new version of the one they wanted me to use. It's probably a good choice for a bigger displacement engine..