March 29, 2024, 03:59:08 AM

News:

Evo FXDWG legroom?

Started by Finn, October 01, 2020, 12:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

Cheers!

I have been offered an Evo FXDWG.

Because of the distance to the seller I have no idea of what the legroom of a Wide Glide is like. With forward controls would a 6'2" find enough room or would it be too cramped?

I'm quite OK with my Bad Boy so if the Wide Glide would be about the same then it would be good enough.
-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

rigidthumper

I had a wide glide for years, found it quite comfy leg room wise, after I added the forward control extensions. I'm 6'4" and change.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Burnout

Depends on what seat is on it. Some seats will alter the riders position and provide better ergonomics.

If you have a seat you like and need more leg room I have a set of 3" extensions for the pegs, but I don't recommend them unless you address the rear brake pushrod issues that come with them.
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

Hybredhog

In general Dyna WG's are built for taller people (more so than FXST's), you should be fine. I'm 5'8" and they're a bit of a stretch for me, but not uncomfortable. I have in the past made "reverse" sub-blocks for the forward controls on DWG's to get them back for shorter people. The rear Brake pedal & bracket are kind of self destructive rattle traps, but I find that if you keep a small bungi looped around it, takes some of the vibes away that contribute.
'01 FXDXT, '99 FXDL/XRD, '76 FLH

Finn

Thanks, guys. That sounds quite good for me.

I have liked the Wide Glides for ages - we'll see how this turns out.
-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

Hossamania

I can't ride the WideGlides, I have to scootch up on the tank to get my feet on the pegs...
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Deye76

Depends on your build. I know a guy that is 6'-2" with a 30" inseam, I'm 6'-2" with a 34" inseam.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Ohio HD

No room for me. 36" in seam, and bozo the clown shoes.....     :teeth:

Winston Wolf

Controls are further forward stock for stock than a Softail. With extended controls you will have much more room than.

JW113

Finn, I am a short guy, 5 foot 8 inches, 32 inches inseam. My buddy Wildman Craig, who was also tall, maybe 6 foot 2 inches, had a Dyna Wide Glide. He fit it perfectly. When I rode it, I felt like a shrimpo, could barely keep my feet on the pegs, and felt like I was laying down backwards on it (it had apehangers). Did not like it, but I am short. If you are tall, you will love it.

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

david lee

Quote from: JW113 on October 03, 2020, 07:02:57 PM
Finn, I am a short guy, 5 foot 8 inches, 32 inches inseam. My buddy Wildman Craig, who was also tall, maybe 6 foot 2 inches, had a Dyna Wide Glide. He fit it perfectly. When I rode it, I felt like a shrimpo, could barely keep my feet on the pegs, and felt like I was laying down backwards on it (it had apehangers). Did not like it, but I am short. If you are tall, you will love it.

-JW
thats why i went back to stock on my 80 lowrider.. better feel for the bike too