April 18, 2024, 11:38:05 AM

News:

Power vision target tune

Started by Nick9900, September 12, 2020, 05:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick9900

I'm a newbie to tuning. I have the power vision on my 2011 ultra currently. Have used base map and "auto tune" several hundred miles. Thinking of adding their target tune. Is that a good move? Will it need a outside programmer that knows Wray their doing to adjust it? I feel it will but am ignorant to the subject.

rigidthumper

Sounds like you should have a good closed loop area base, having done dozens of auto tunes- that part of the map that uses the feedback system to adjust. That typically includes idle to 3500, lo-mid load (part throttle).
You can add target tune, to be able to adjust the upper levels, or you can simply get it to a dyno, and have them calibrate the open loop area of your map-which is everything outside the closed loop area, so wide open throttle, hi load area.
There should be a decent tuner within a few hours of you, unless you live in the middle of nowhere.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Coyote

Just take your PV and bike up to see Joe Lyons would be my advice.

http://www.powerhousecd.com/

aswracing

Quote from: rigidthumper on September 12, 2020, 05:43:09 AM
Sounds like you should have a good closed loop area base, having done dozens of auto tunes- that part of the map that uses the feedback system to adjust. That typically includes idle to 3500, lo-mid load (part throttle).

During auto tune logging, the entire AFR table is set to closed loop. So any cells you can populate get auto tuned. When you export the learned values into the result tune, the AFR table is automatically set back to it's values before the logging session.