March 28, 2024, 05:35:58 PM

News:

PV idle question

Started by Sunny Jim, September 13, 2020, 06:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunny Jim

Running PV and Target tune.
My current calibration has a start up issue.
Bike starts and the idle is high ,but decays back to all below the set idle and stumbles noticeably this wall happens within several seconds.
Hot or cold,  this occurs.
So do I consider altering the IAC crank to run table?

rigidthumper

Look at/adjust the warm up enrichment table (adds fuel to cold motor) and the IAC warm up table (increases the throttle body opening, from cold startup)
If you have a much bigger displacement than actual ( CID increase to get the VE table within normal limits) then reducing the warmup fuel and smoothing/reducing the IAC warmup steps usually helps.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Sunny Jim

Thanks for that info. I have zero'd The warm up table above 20degrees C . This fluctuation still occurs, regardless of temp.
Question - what will be the outcome if I alter the crank to run fuel , given this anomaly occurs ove a few seconds only?

rigidthumper

Crank to run increases the IAC during starting, and does last a few seconds- too big of a number and the engine will flare up, too small and the engine will struggle to get going. These steps are in addition to the IAC warmup steps.

Sunny Jim

Ok! So given I have scaled
Up the CID during several auto tune cycles, it would be reasonable
To assume IAC crank to run and IAC warm
Up tables will
Need
To
Be adjusted.

rigidthumper

Sunny Jim

👍👍👍🏁🏁🏁🏁🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺

Sunny Jim

It's 18c here today. I lowered the AIC steps and altered the warm up enrichment.
It made a world of difference. Smoother idle and smoother transition to idle after start up. I a little fine tuning required, but otherwise much better.
Thank you.

Sunny Jim

Well! Just when you think you have it close!
I start her up cold! She is currently 124 / Andrews 464 etc.
She idles high for a brief time and then drops below the set idle and struggles.
She eventually gets back to idle and moves up and down the set idle.
I have attempted to adjust all IAC settings and cranking fuel.
I have looked at the VEs around the TPS and set idle.
This girl has Target tune.
The closed throttle spark is 22 degrees.
The spark gain at idle is zero.
When she dips below the set idle, the Cli's rip fuel out to to retain 100% adaptive fuel trim.
I am looking for a starting point in determining why she is doing this and how I can correct it.
Cheers.

rbabos

October 07, 2020, 09:45:50 AM #9 Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 04:23:02 PM by rbabos
Sounds like it's lean after it's off of the warmup table. Needs an idle ve increase, via the clb tables. Or go open loop in the idle and drop the AFR .2 at a time and see how that works. Oops, I see it's target tune. Drop the idle afr a hair and do a bit more data logs for that area.
Ron