March 29, 2024, 04:11:52 AM

News:

2009 Street Glide Dog Tracking

Started by Chief8705, September 13, 2020, 04:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief8705

Looking for some help from anyone who may have experienced this same situation. My 2009 Street glide dog tracks slightly and does not track straight. So far I have rebuilt the forks and added monotube suspension in the forks, rebuilt the swingarm with new bearings spacers pivot shaft and new rubber isolators. After rebuilding the swing arm it seemed to improve some but still is dog tracking. This year model has the cam adjustment for the rear wheel alignment so both sides always align the same. The dog bone mount from the engine to the frame is also solid and non-adjustable. I don't know where to look next to try and fix this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ohio HD

Did you buy it new?

Maybe it's been wrecked and has a bent frame?

kd

What side does the rear wheel track to?  The cam on the side that is removable on the axle is often loose fitting so doesn't rotate until the axle catches up. Yo can measure from the swingarm pivot center to the center of the using with a stiff wire with bent tips. If it's a closer measurement on the opposite side the wheel tracks to that may be the problem. 
KD

fleetmechanic

Dry or too tight or too loose steering head bearings can also cause a wander.