April 24, 2024, 03:12:10 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Spark plugs

Started by JDhog211, September 14, 2020, 09:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDhog211

I just purchased new Harley plugs from Drag
Specialties 2103-0196 6R-12. It states it replaces
The Harley OEM 6R 12 plug.
Is this correct. Looks like a NGK Plug.
Any thoughts on this.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison expecting the other person to die.

FSG

calif phil

That is an aftermarket replacement plug,it is a substitute for the 6r-12   It will work fine. I prefer the Champion RA8HC as it is not made in China. 

JDhog211

Thank you guys for your responses, appreciated
Holding a grudge is like taking poison expecting the other person to die.

sandrooney

I just use the Harley plugs. I don't see the need to use anything else.
Patience is such a waste of time .

Rusticwater

There are a number of substitutes for the Harley plug, but I've never seen one that's exactly the same.    :potstir:
Support the Maine lobster industry

tdrglide

The champions are available just about anywhere, even most hardware stores. Tuner I knew, once told me, use stock or the champions RA8HC.

Scotty

Quote from: calif phil on September 15, 2020, 06:22:15 AM
That is an aftermarket replacement plug,it is a substitute for the 6r-12   It will work fine. I prefer the Champion RA8HC as it is not made in China.

That is why I use the NGK here in OZ on my Evo as they are still made in Japan whereas a lot of others are made in China.

HogMike

I switched to fine wire NGK due to the stock plugs looked worn at 20k miles on my new bike.
I've had pretty good luck with those plugs and run them in everything except the pan .

JME :missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

chopper

I've run NGK in everything for years. I like em.  I've had bad experiences with Champions over the years, so I don't run them any more
Got a case of dynamite, I could hold out here all night

Hossamania

Stock Harley plugs in the '12, Autolites in the '01 carb RK.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Nebraskarider1

Autolite #4164 for me cheap and I verified they work with the knock retard, I'm not sold on "designer" high priced spark plugs that may last a little longer and gain 1/2 hp, nice to pull them and look at them every 15-20K and put a new set in for $4

Hossamania

That reminds me, I'm probably due for replacement.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.