April 28, 2024, 02:39:24 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2014 FXDC ?

Started by Reddog74usa, August 18, 2020, 09:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaos901

Don't have experience with the FXDC, but 2008 and up Touring gas tanks are real easy to remove, no longer have to deal with the crossover tube.  Just unbolt, disconnect the fuel line and remove.
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

Reddog74usa

How do you remove the fuel line on one of these? I was looking at manuals for this bike and all I can say is WOW they have more than doubled in price since I last bought one and now you have to buy three separate manuals. I do like the idea of using the stock pushrods for reasons already stated. I had to repair a leak on the front exhaust rocker shaft on my 68 FLH and had to remove the left tank to get a socket on the red cap nut to tighten it as the shaft would just spin when I tried to remove the plug and ended up with a killer headache from yesterday into today as I'm hypersensitive to gasoline or at least the new formula gas so I'm looking forward to it being a simple no leak removal of the tank. A few drops is fine but once it gets to be any kind of puddle Im toast  :crook:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Reddog74usa

Ok, saw a vid on removing the fuel line. Nice and simple
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Hossamania

Jaime and Fuel Moto are a good group to deal with. He can even send a map to deal with your current set up to help smoothe that out. He often has package deals when you purchase from him. Don't be afraid to ask if they have any discounts available.
He will work with you as each combo changes until you can get to a tuner, which I recommend sooner than later once you get into the motor.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Rusticwater

Quote from: Reddog74usa on September 17, 2020, 09:35:14 AM
As this is my first delve into Injected bikes I've been learning a lot. So far I have purchased a PV target tune and got a great deal on a set of 08 head pipes as I'll run a set of CS slip ons and also picked up a SE high flow air cleaner.

Just an FYI, the 2014 O2 sensors are a different size and type than used in 2008, so 2008 headpipes would require modifications. If you're just changing the slip-ons, why not use your current headpipes?
Support the Maine lobster industry

Reddog74usa

Because the PV Target tune uses wide band o2 sensors which are 18mm
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Rusticwater

Appreciate the info. I used TTS with the stock NB sensors which were 18 mm in 2010.
Support the Maine lobster industry

chaos901

QuoteHow do you remove the fuel line on one of these?

The collar on the fuel connection at the bottom of the tank raises up and you can wiggle the lower connection out.  The manual will tell you to pull the fuse and run the bike out of fuel to relieve the pressure, but you can also just rap a rag around it while you take it loose, just a little fuel will escape.  Putting it back is the opposite (minus the rag) but be sure to lube the connection that is going into the fitting so it does not move the o-ring.   
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

Pete_Vit

93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch