April 25, 2024, 05:55:23 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

V&H 450 slipons vs Stock, 2020 RGL 131ci

Started by CVOThunder, September 25, 2020, 12:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CVOThunder

Think I have a good guess on what I need to do on this, retune. Bought a 2020 Road Glide Limited, had the 131 kit installed and it runs great. While I enjoy the sound coming out of the V&H 450 slipons, sometimes I'd like it to be a bit quieter. Yeah, I must be too old. Anyway, according to the dyno, which seems to be a bit happy to me considering it was built with warranty in mind and around 132 hp, 144 tq with stock headpipe.. On a road trip now, don't have the sheet with me but I'll look for the photo i took of it.

So this is going backwards with my exhaust but what can I expect to see if I go back to the stock slip-ons? I expect I'll increase back pressure and lose hp and tq but not sure how much. Probably best to check numbers in current config for a baseline then swap back to stock cans and then check/retune as needed.

Thanks for your ideas/tips. I'll post up the sheet when i get back.

Photons by the bag. Gravitons not  shipped outside the US.

rigidthumper

From what I've seen, the stock mufflers will reduce peak numbers some, cost HP above 4500, and will pick up the TQ at the beginning of the run
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Hossamania

You may find it seems quicker just because you'll be more apt to twist the throttle harder with the quieter exhaust. Not faster, but quicker, if that makes sense.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

CVOThunder

Thanks gents. Kinda what I was thinking and with the Stage IV heads I'll probably negate they're benefits by choking it back. Might even bring it back into a power and more usable. Once she hits 3500 it starts to fly and I need another gear. Anyway, I was warned about the curve hitting to the right. Doubt I go above 5000 but it sure gets there fast and of course speed limited.  So on the retune, guess it would only run richer and not lean out. I might give it a go to save the ears but it's not as loud as the 3.5" Rinehart true duals on the CVO. Blah blah. Curious about the real numbers though.

CVOThunder

George W

CVOThunder

Because I already bought the V&H and would put the stock ones back on if it drives me nuts.