March 29, 2024, 08:19:42 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Ultra limited low - seat

Started by electrajohnt, September 26, 2020, 08:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electrajohnt

Has anyone had this problem and sorted it. The big is great, I like it a lot. But, the seat is giving me a problem.I keep having to push myself back. I am finishing up with my legs taking my weight,which impacts gear change and foot brake operation. If I do not take my weight on my legs I gradually slide forward until I am leaning back with my weight on the bottom of my spine. Just done 180 miles of smallish roads, winding, bumpy and uphill downhill, boy do I know it.
Maybe I need a standard seat. Comments please from Low owners.
JohnT

Rockout Rocker Products

"They all do that". Best I've heard it described is a reverse wedgie. I have a stock Limited seat I swap to for longer rides.

There's no free lunch when it comes to !ower.
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

electrajohnt

From who you are - I will take the advice.

Hossamania

A friend of mine got a Tallboy seat for his '17 Low, he tried the Sundowner and liked the Tallboy better. Your dealer may have demo seats you can try.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Jaystn62

The Limited Low seat pushes you forward....hence the name Low. I tried one when I still had my Road King. I hated it. Felt like I was trying to ride a dirt bike. I like the Sundowner if I need to put on a 2 up seat. I have a new Mustang Standard 1 piece seat I have up for sale because of the same reason...just pushes me too far forward.

smoserx1

Everybody's anatomy is different and everybody's comfort  preferences are different.  Therefore the dealer demo thing is great.  But I have found out that sometimes things like seats just take some getting used to.  When I went from a stock seat to a sundowner on my EG I hated it at first but eventually grew to love it.  It lasted about 15 years and I recently replaced it with a new one just like it.  If you have to replace it to get comfort try the next one out first.

PoorUB

Hey, John. Maybe find a local upholstery shop and see if they can do any magic on the low seat. Take a tiny bit out right before the step, and add a bit toward the front of he seat, make a bucket for your butt.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

cpiccarr

Call Mean City Cycle. N Carolina I have used them twice . A lower cost upgrade using better materials.

tomcat64

I'm 6'4".. the "low seats" really crowd the Fellas,, I laugh at the FB site "streetglide nation!" 60% of the questions are "how do I lower my FLHX".. seems most of the people on there belong to the Lollipop Guild.

Hossamania

The easiest way to lower the StreetGlide is to buy a Softail.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

mikey05ultra

Have a regular 15 Limited and had the same "Reverse Wedgie" problem as mentioned by Rockout. Being a frugal person here's how I fixed mine. Removed the bracket that the tongue of the seat fits under at the rear of the gas tank. I then installed 3 felt washers at each of the 2 bolt locations between the bracket and frame reusing the same bolts. The felt washers were about 1" in diameter and 1/8" thick. Install the bolts thru the washers so they don't move. You don't have to use felt washers - just whatever you have. The jest of this is to raise the very front of the seat to keep you from sliding forward. Worked for me - may work for you. Cost = $ 0

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: PoorUB on September 27, 2020, 08:13:50 AM
Hey, John. Maybe find a local upholstery shop and see if they can do any magic on the low seat. Take a tiny bit out right before the step, and add a bit toward the front of he seat, make a bucket for your butt.

I tried the reach seats on my EG, it's a nut crusher.  I took the stock EG seat to an upholstery guy that rides and ended up with great results
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway